Ch. 22

Wintrr

First week back in the house and I can honestly say, it's been good. Dave and I haven't done anything, we're really working on our communication skills, so all that other shit, we're not worried about.

I was finally back to work, I was back in the club scene, and setting motherfuckers up. My first night back, I set two niggas up and Dave handled the rest.

He was planning on taking a trip to see his daughter, my first thought was to go too because I didn't want him and Leilani alone, but then I remembered that we're working shit out. At the moment, we are not together, so he is free to do what he damn well pleases. We both love each other, but we're not together. I had to remind myself that every time I woke up.

"Kayla, come with me to the nail salon." Brittney barged in my room.

"K bitch." I threw on some leggings and a cropped active hoodie, along with my slides.

When we got to the nail salon, we both went over to get our feet done. I was getting the whole special because Lord knows I needed to pamper myself.

"Okay, so the reason I asked you is because I have some news to share." Brittney looked at me.

"Okaay, what is it sis?" I chuckled.

"I'm with child." she said nervously.

My mouth dropped so fast, "PREGNANT? Bitch what? By who? Do I know him? What does he do for a living? Bitch when did you meet him?"

She laughed, "Calm down and yes I'm pregnant, almost two months."

"Okay and the baby daddy? Does he know?"

"No because he was just a fling, I don't even know how to tell him if I want to tell him. I'm one hundred percent positive he does not want any kids."

"You don't know that, I think you should tell him and if he says fuck you and the baby then I will become the honorable father."

"Thanks sis."

After we got our nails and feet done, we got something to eat before heading back to the house. I desperately needed a nap, so I headed upstairs to my room. Unfortunately, I couldn't because I got a FaceTime call from Kalvin, the friend I met at the party.

 Unfortunately, I couldn't because I got a FaceTime call from Kalvin, the friend I met at the party

"Wassup." I answered.
"Damn, why you answer so dry? You don't wanna talk to me or something?"
"I'm just tired, I was about to take a nap."
"Well fuck that nap," we both laughed, "You have talk to me now."
"I have to talk to you? Is that a requirement?"
"Hell yeah, it's a requirement, you know you miss me."
Before I left, I did see him, but it was strictly friendly.
"You must miss me and that's why you saying all that."
"Girl ain't nobody miss you." I laughed.
He had got in the car, "Where you going?"
"I'm headed to the gym and then I gotta go to Walmart to pick up a couple of things."
"Oh okay."
"You gonna stay on the phone with me the whole time?"
"Boy huh? I wanna nap."
"What did I say earlier, fuck that nap, you have to talk to me because I know ya ass miss me. You just don't want to admit, but it's cool."
"Whatever Kalvin," I laughed, "I guess I'll stay on the phone with you, but if I fall asleep, don't get mad."
"Bet."

~~

Black

I've been in bed all day, I think I'm coming down with something and this shit is for the birds. I couldn't get no work done because every five minutes I was in the bathroom. Speaking of bathroom, my ass had to fucking go again. I made my way to the bathroom for the thousandth time today, I think I got a stomach bug cuz I've been shitting and throwing up all day.

After I finished, I washed my hands and laid back in bed. As soon as I was about to get comfortable, somebody knocked on my door.

"Yea?," Brittney walked in with a black bag in her hand, "Wassup?"

"You busy?" She stood in the doorway like a shy mouse.

"Nah wassup?"

She came in and shut the door, "I have to talk to you."

"About what? If it's business, that shit can wait til tomorrow."

"Nah Black, it's not business, it's actually personal."

I sat up, "What happened?"

She came closer and handed me the bag. I opened it and seen two pregnancy test.

"I'm pregnant."