5

Kiara's POV

Over the past month Colby has been coming down in the middle of the night to talk to me. He's actually quite sweet.

But today we made plans to go to the beach tonight.

I'm so nervous. I'm so afraid that I'm going to mess something up.

But I didn't want back out of this.

I really like Colby. He's so caring. He listens to me and he try's to understand me.

Plus he's super hot, which is a plus.

So at 9pm, I began to get ready.

I put on high waisted black shorts, with a black SoundCloud hoodie. (It just had the SoundCloud symbol on the right shoulder) then I put on a pair of black and white converse.

I straightened my brown hair and left it down. I put a hair tie on my wrist because my hair goes down to my lower back and I might get tired of it.

It was 10 pm and I went downstairs.

Colby was sitting on the couch. He smiled when he saw me.

I smiled when I saw him.

"Are you ready to go?" He asked

I swallowed a rock in my throat.

"Y-yes" I said.

"Don't be nervous" he said putting a supportive hand on my shoulder. "Everything will be fine"

I nodded as he led me out to his car.

I sat in the passenger seat as he sat in the drivers seat.

As he fiddled with his seatbelt, I could hear the satisfying noise made by his rings.

My gosh I love his rings.

It was silent for a few minutes before he spoke up .

"It'll be a 20 minute drive" he said. "Listen to whatever music you want" he pulled an aux cord out of the middle console.

I've always been insecure about the music I listen too. So I didn't put any on.

"I'm fine." I said, glancing at him. "Let's just put on the radio"

Then 15 minutes later, we were there.

I jumped out of the car.

I love the ocean. It's so peaceful and relaxing to me. The sound of the waves and the smell of the salt made me happy.

Colby came up beside me and put a hand on my shoulder.

Colby's POV

I came up beside her. She looked so excited to see the ocean.

This is the happiest I've ever seen her, and it brought me butterflies in my heart.

She looked over at me and smiled.

I grabbed her hand. I felt her tense up, but then relax.

"Cmon" I said , nodding towards the water.

Then she tightened her fingers around my hand and pulled me towards the water.

I ran along side her, hearing her laugh and giggle as we came closer to the water.

She stopped and took off her shoes and socks, leaving them on the soft, dry, sand.

Then she allowed the waves to crash and run over her feet.

Kiara's POV

The water felt so relaxing.

I could feel Colby's gaze go over to me. I looked at him and I laughed, realizing that I was still holding his hand.

Then all in an instant I felt Colby's hands on my waist. He lifted me up and pretended to throw me in we water.

I squealed and grabbed his hands. I tried to wiggle myself out of his grasp.

Then he put me down.

I smiled ear to ear. Then I put my hand in the water and splashed him.

He grinned at me and grabbed me again.

This time he brought me into knee-deep water. It was almost touching the ends of his basketball shorts.

Then he put me down. The water was past my knees since I'm wayyyyy shorter than him.

I turned to face him as the waves crashed against our legs.

He put his hands on my waist.

I pulled him into a hug.

"Thank you" I said as put my head against his chest.

"You're welcome but what for?" He asked confused.

"This is the first time in a while that my mind has been clear, and I could genuinely smile" I said "so thank you"

"No problem kiddo" he said, slightly ruffling my hair

I giggled. "I'm having a great time with you. Most of this smile is because of you" I looked up at him. "I just thought you should know"

He smiled the biggest I've ever seen him smile. He pulled me in a tighter embrace as we watched the waves in the moonlight.

Colby's POV

I know I've only known her for over a month, but she's a very special person to me.

It's hard to explain but when ever she looks at me and smiles, I feel amazing.

Better than I've felt in a long time.

Seeing her at the beach made me change my perspective about her.

She can be a very happy person, but she's so damaged. People have torn her down and broken her.

But I'm not giving up. Tonight gave me hope.