8-flashback

This whole chapter is a flashback about what happened to kiara 2 years ago.

August 14, 2017

"You just don't understand!!" Kiara shouted at her mother "it's like you don't care!"

"Well maybe I don't because you do stuff like this!" Her mom yelled back.

Her mom just got back from picking Kiara up from the Juvenile Delinquent Center.

Kiara has just gotten caught drinking and was taken down to JDC. They called her mom and she picked her up.

They had been fighting ever since Kiara got in the car.

"You're lucky I still let you live in this house" her mom yelled.

"Yeah sure..lucky" Kiara trailed off.

Her moms eyes darkened. The back of her hand swung at kiaras face, then she shoved her into the wall. "Be fucking grateful for what you have"

"Why should I be grateful for a person who doesn't care about what's going on in my life! Do you even consider why I do this stuff" She yelled "because then maybe this could've been prevented"

Her mom stepped back. "Get out" She said

"What" Kiara said.

"You heard me" her mom yelled as she grabbed Kiara and threw her downstairs, then grabbed her again and threw her in the car.

Jake rushed downstairs after them, but her mom had already sped off.

Kiaras mom dropped her off at a park that was know for sketchy shit. "Don't come back unless I'm ready for you to" then she left.

Kiara stood in the park, the sun had just gone down.

She looked around to see if there were other people at the park.

There were two people to her left, talking and leaning against a tree.

They looked over at her. They pointed and looked in another direction.

Kiara grabbed at the gold chain necklace that her father had given her.

Kiaras POV

Another person came up to them. They whispered for a few minutes. Then as I leaned against a tree, one of the guys cornered me against the tree

"Hey sugar" He said in a raspy voice. he smelled of alcohol and had face tattoos. "I like your necklace"

He touched the gold chain, wrapping one of his fingers around it.

I cleared my throat. "Can I have it, sugar" he said

"I-um" I said, I heard one of the other guys rustling around on the other side of the huge oak tree. "I don't think so"  I said

I heard the *shing* of a pocket knife being opened next to me.

I swallowed a lump in my throat. The third guy came up behind the first guy.

Then when the guy behind the tree tried to grab my necklace from behind me, I spun around and the first guy grabbed me.

"Go!" The third one yelled. They tried to take my jewelry.

I was kicking and screaming.  I heard another pocket knife being opened.

Then I fell to the ground as I felt pain in my stomach.

They stabbed me.

Again and again.

They got my jewelry and left me in the dark.

I coughed and I groaned. they stabbed me 4 times, below my ribs, in my stomach, and in my sides.

I was covered in my own blood. I tried to reach for my phone, they threw it to the side.

I tried to scream, I don't think it was loud enough.

I pushed off of the ground to get to my phone.

I reached out and I grabbed it. Screaming in pain.

I called mom. No answer.

I called Jake.

"Hey is everything ok? Where are you!" He said.

"H-hel" I tried to speak but I couldn't, I was coughing up blood.

"What?!" He said. "Where are you!"

"Park" I managed to say.

"I'm on my way!" He yelled.

5-10 minutes later I heard a car screech around the corner.

"Kiara is that you!" Jake ran up to me. "Oh my fucking god"

He choked back tears as he lifted me up and carried me to the car.

He was crying now. "Everything's gonna be ok! Ok? Just stay with me"

He drove me to the Emergency Room and rushed me inside, getting my blood all over him.

"Help!! My sister got stabbed!" He frantically yelled.

Nurses rushed over with a stretcher thingy and put me on it, rushing me into a surgery room.

Jake tried to follow them but they wouldn't let them.

They figured out what they needed to do and put me under anesthesia.

I woke up a few hours later, feeling woosey from the pain pills.

The nurse walked in and checked the IV I had for blood.

"Who's blood is this" I asked, not knowing what was going on.

"Your brother Jake, donated for you" she said in a soothing voice. "I'll go get him."

I over heard them talking outside the door about my medications and treatments, then he walked in and wiped his tears.

He carefully hugged me, trying not to hurt me.

"You're gonna be ok" He said "you're ok"

He trailed off.