Chapter 1

I have been in school for 3 months and let me tell you studying law is not easy even when i love it. I have no free time and basically spend all my time studying or in class. Everyone says college is more than just classes but im trying to get that degree. Today is a friday and i finished my last class of the day. It was almost 5:30 and i couldnt wait to get back to my dorm. The streets were crowded since there was a basketball game in an hour and basketball is taken very seriously here at UK. I got back to my dorm and my roommate Mia was doing her makeup. 

"Emma, you need to get ready!" She said coming out grabbing her straightener. 

"Why?" 

"I waited in line for 2 hours and got us front row seats in the student section we gotta get going" 

"I have a test monday i cant go" 

"You always have things to do, please go with me once" 

"I cant"

"Maybe you will meet a boy who loves law just as much as you and want to go to more basketball games to see them" She smirked.

"Mia have you met me, i dont talk to boys, they dont like me" 

"You never know" She threw me a Kentucky jersey and i put it on, i might as well just go.  

"Fine" I put on some white nikes along with my black leggings and put my hair in a bun.

We got to Rupp Arena and it was already packed. Our team was good this year so i wasnt too surprised. We got to our seats and she wasnt lying, we were in the front row behind the bench this was crazy. I didnt know why she was that into basketball all the sudden. She was looking for someone but i couldnt figure out who. Then he came over hugging her and saying something. He stood next to her and apparently his name was Luke. Now im a 3rd wheel thats great. The game started and it was crazy we were playing Utah and up by a lot. I was getting tired and Mia had left to get food. I know basketball well, little did Mia or anyone know i was always a huge fan in high school and still enjoy watching, i just dont have time. It was almost the end of the game and Tyler Herro scored a huge 3 making the crowd erupt with cheer, there is something special about that kid, hes got game. After he made it he turned around and we made eye contact, he smiled and it was weird. The game then was over and i went to follow Mia and leave. As we got halfway up the stairs i felt someone grab my arm. I turned around. 

"Hey, um this is weird but im Tyler" He smiled looking down and back up at me. 

"Emma" 

"Do you want to meet up sometime maybe?" He asked and i looked down. 

"I- I dont think so, im sorry" I said noticing that Mia was already up the stairs i started to walk up without looking back.

"Wait-" I heard him say but kept walking. 

Tylers POV

"Wait" I said but she kept walking. 

I stood there for a second hoping she would come back but she didnt. 

"Bro you good?" Pj asked coming up next to me.

"Yeah, yeah im fine" I walked down the stairs running into the locker room. 

"Who was that girl you was talking too?" Keldon asked putting his shoes on.

"Her name is Emma"

"Why did you go find her after the game?" 

"I dont know, there was something about her that caught my eye and i went for it and asked if we could meet up sometime and she said i dont think so and now all i want to know is why"