Chapter 22

As we left barclays center leaving Ava with Tylers family he held my hand. Walking down those crowded streets lit up with city lights. I didnt know what to say. Miami sounds like an amazing place to live, for our little girl to grow up in but i was at a loss of expressing the happiness i thought i would have.

"Whats up with you? You seem tense?" Tyler stopped by the fence that had a beautiful view of the water. 

"Nothing, im happy for you" I replied forcing a smile.

"Em ive been with you way too long to believe that reply" He said putting his arms around my waist. 

"Tyler I want this night to be everything you have dreamed of, this can wait until tomorrow" 

"This night has been more than i dreamed of. When i thought of this day i never imagined having you or Ava, it wouldnt matter what pick or where i got drafted because you and Ava made it magical" He kissed my cheek. 

"Who was the girl you were talking too while i was by Hailey?" I finally gave up and asked.

"Thats Ciara she was on the Duke cheer team and we know eachother" 

"How come ive never heard of her?"

"I guess it never came up" 

"We have been together for a long time and ive known every friend but her that doesnt make sense T" 

"Is this what your worried about?" He said acting like it was no big deal. 

"Yes tyler it is" I turned around untangling myself from his arms. 

"Em really its not anything serious nothing to be worried about it doesnt change anything between us" 

"Tyler im not even thinking about us, we have a little girl back at your parents place that im thinking about because her Dad the man im supposed to marry in a week couldnt tell me about something like this" 

"Em we have only known eachother for 3 weeks" 

"Tell me how you met" 

"Em" He looked at me with a look like he didnt want me to know. 

"How did you meet" I said getting upset. 

"We met at a party a month ago" 

"What happened at that party?" I asked the question i didnt want too as tears swelled in my eyes. 

"Em im sorry" 

"Tyler what happened!" I yelled. 

"We kissed okay Em but it was a accident and im sorry" He tried to pull me closer to him but i pushed him away.

"Let me get this straight you cheated on me proceeded to hide it for a month probably are talking to her and had the nerve to invite her to your draft night" I said tears streaming down my face.

"Em calm down i invited her because we are friends okay" 

"Friends that think its okay to kiss even though you have a kid and fiance back at home" 

"Em" He grabbed my hand.

"I cant even look at you" I walked away pulling my jacket tight around me as i walked back to the hotel. 

He didnt come home for an hour, it gave me time to let out my emotions and change out of the dress that i thought would create so many good memories. I laid wrapped in the covers letting my tears make little wet spots as they drained down my face. When the door opened i took a deep breath seeing Tyler come in taking off his suit jacket and undoing the buttons on his shirt. I turned away not knowing what to say. I felt his body suddenly close to mine as he turned me facing him. 

"Em im so sorry okay, i didnt tell you for this reason because i wanted to do it when i was in the right mindset, all I thought about after that moment was you and Ava and how bad i messed up and i told her that it cant happen again Em  all we do is occasionally talk. You are the only girl in the world i want to spend the rest of my life with and i mean that" He said>

"Tyler i dont know what to say, ill go with you to Miami for the next week while you get signed officially and all that but after im figuring out what Ava and I need" 

"Em please dont do this" 

"Ty i finally realized ive been doing everything around you and what your schedule looks like and what you want, i need time for myself so after this week Ava and I are going back to Ann Arbor until summer league and thats all i want to say right now" I turned over closing my eyes, hoping this is all a bad dream and that i will wake up with everything normal. 

But i woke up alone in my bed seeing Tyler asleep on the couch and i knew it was reality.