Chapter 17

"HELP!" I yelled holding my stomach as i sat up in bed breathing heavily. 

"Em whats wrong!" Shea ran in coming by my side. 

"It hurts, Not like normal" 

"Cade call 911" 

Cade dialed the number and the ambulance arrived. 

"You go with her, im gonna call Tyler" Cade said and Shea hopped in the ambulance next to me squeezing my hand. 

"Its gonna be okay" He said as tears rolled down my cheeks. 

"Emma im doctor Thompson and im going to be with you tonight. From what we have seen we are going to induce you into labor the baby is at risk if we dont do it now" 

"But its too early" I said still gripping Sheas hand in fear. 

"If we dont do it now the baby is at a much higher risk" 

"O-Okay" I said and they broke my water so i was now in labor.  

"Hey" Cade came in. 

"Tyler?" I asked. 

"He didnt answer, i called his parents since their number was on your phone and they said he went out with friends and they were going to go find him" 

"Hes not gonna be here" I said crying. 

"Emma its almost time" Doctor Thompson said about 3 hours later. 

"Im gonna go wait outside in case Tyler or anyone else calls" Cade said and i nodded as the doctor agreed that would be a good idea. 

"I can go" Shea got up.

"No, i-i need you" I said grabbing his arm.

"Are you sure?" He asked looking at me.

"If Tyler isnt going to be here i want you to be" I replied and he sat down.

"Okay im not going anywhere" He said leaning in near me as i agreed between tears.

"Em you did it" Shea said as the doctor held up my baby girl, she was tiny. 

"I-I did" I said finally feeling like i could breath. 

"Whats her name?" 

"Ava Ann Herro" I said and spelled it out for them. 

"We are going to put her in the ICU for a couple of days, she seems stable we just need to keep her under watch 24/7 for about a week we want to keep you that long too" 

"Sounds good" 

"Okay, anything you need?" She asked with a smile.

"When can i eat some french fries?" 

"In about 5 hours, i will have the nurses bring them for you" 

"Emma" Tyler came in, not looking like the normal Tyler. 

"T" I said looking at him. 

"Im sorry i couldnt make it how is she how are you?" 

"Shes okay they are keeping her and me here for a week shes in the ICU" 

"Gosh im sorry" He said seeming like he was apologizing for something more. 

"Where were you?" I asked. 

"We can talk about it later" He said and Shea got up dismissing himself. 

"We called your parents you were out with friends, where?" 

"We went to a party" He addmitted. 

"You were at a party when you said you were strictly going to train while i was in labor!!" I said getting upset.

"Calm down your getting to upset" 

"No i am not! If you were anywhere else you couldve answered your phone but you were to busy at a party!" 

"Emma its not what you think" 

"Then what is it?" 

"There was a crisis and i got roped into going, i didnt drink, i didnt party, we were looking for someone who needed help" 

"I want to believe you but given whats happened before-" I said as he cut me off.

"Emma i didnt cheat on you i promise with everything ive got" 

"Tyler" 

"I want to be with you and only you, you know that. You had my child, i want to be with you and her" 

"Okay fine, i just want to sleep" I said rolling over feeling the pain. 

Tylers pov

They lead me to see Ava. The name Emma and i had agreed upon. She was tiny, but so beautiful. I wish i couldve been here. I feel bad that i didnt check my phone when we were looking for my brother at that party. I couldve been here. But now im here and i need to be here for them, my girls. 

"Hey, im not gonna make it for training, yeah everything is fine i just need to be with my family, thanks bye" I called my trainer, i cant leave either of them yet. 

I went back in to Emmas room and sat down in the chair as she woke up. 

"Hey" She looked at me. 

"Hey beautiful" I said and kissed her. 

"Did you get some sleep i can tell you are tired" 

"Nah, im okay" I smiled. 

"You better sleep tonight then" She said it firmly, i knew she meant it. 

"How are you feeling?" I asked her. 

"Painful but the meds have helped" 

"Shes beautiful" I said and Emma smiled. 

"She got your facial features" She said smiling wider.

"Is that a good thing?" I asked.

"Yes" She laughed. "I wanted her too" 

"Except for her smile definitley like yours" 

"She smiled?" 

"Yeah, it was cute" 

"Dang i missed it" She said. 

"There will be many more times" 

"Hey when is the combine?" She asked.

"In about 2 weeks" I replied.

"Im gonna go with you, and Ava will be with too"

"I thought you couldnt go?" I said a little confused.

"Youre more important than anything else i have going on, i will be there" She smiled. 

I dont deserve her. 

"If thats what you want im excited" 

"Im just trying to meet Ja Morant jokes on you" She laughed with the biggest smile.

"Okay then i see you" I laughed. 

"Im just playing"

"Well you better be" I said looking at her and she smiled. I like seeing her happy. 

"Why did you go to that party?" She asked.

"My brother went and he wanted out, he got hurt and we couldnt get ahold of him and so we went to find him" 

"Is he okay?" 

"Yeah, hes fine just a little shook up" 

"Im sorry then, i assumed the worst" 

"Its okay Em, after everything ive put you though i figured you would but its nothing like that it wont ever be" 

"Okay" She said and looked at me. 

"Okay" I replied kissing her forehead as she fell asleep.