chapter 20

Ava loved spending time with Tyler as did I. But time grows short when preparing for the draft. He acted like everything was okay but deep down I knew he was worried about where he would end up. We agreed all to move wherever he gets drafted too and I would finish my schooling at a college nearby. Leaving kentucky will be hard but I'd do anything for him and Ava. The draft was in 3 days and we are flying to New York tonight. Tyler has been but I haven't. I'm excited to experience it with him and Ava for the first time. She's getting big and can crawl now. She has Tyler's eyes and my smile. She got the hair color he has too which I am happy about. We haven't flown with her yet so I'm a little worried about how that will go

The plane ride was smooth and Ava even fell asleep which was nice so then Tyler and I could relax. Our wedding is in a little over 2 weeks in Kentucky so I was busy putting final touches on the things that weren't done. I got my dress and Avas flower girl dress was made to look like a mini version of my dress. New York is beautiful at night. I've never seen such a lit up city. We checked into our hotel and put Ava to bed. Tyler and I watched the bachelorette and ate some delicious room service pasta. It reminded me of old times and as nervous as I was I needed that reminder. We have made it this far so we will make it through whatever comes next. His parents and brothers were coming tomorrow and staying in a room down the hall. They are going to watch Ava since Tyler has a couple photoshoots and interviews that he wanted me to come with. Then we are meeting RJ and Hailey for dinner which I'm really excited for since I haven't seen her in a while.
Next day
I woke up and put on a Tyler Herro shirt with some black ripped jeans and blue nikes my hair was in a ponytail and I paired my black leather jacket with the outfit. Where black made my ring stand out well.

I loved the one he chose but was shocked by the size

I loved the one he chose but was shocked by the size. He has good taste in rings. We got to the first photoshoot with the players Tribune and I sat and watched while he got the photos done. Finally all of the shoots were done and we headed to meet Rj and Hailey at Olive Garden. I sat down next to Hailey and Tyler sat across from me next to Rj.
"Dang look at that rock" Rj said.
"Its so pretty" Hailey added.
"Thanks, I like to think he did a  good job choosing"
"Hows Ava doing?" Hailey asked me as Rj and Tyler talked about the draft.
"Shes doing good, shes with Tyler's parents right now but it's nice to have a break today. I love her but parenting can be tough. Shes getting big"
"She looks so much like you guys too shes adorable"
"I knowwwww" I replied and we both laughed.
"When is the 2nd one coming" she smirked.
"We aren't even trying until after we are married, but I know Tyler really wants another one"
"Hes a good dad from what you have said"
"He is" I smiled.
"Ready for draft day?"
"Honestly no are you?" I asked her.
"Omg no i haven't fully prepared myself"
"Same, like getting drafted is huge and you dont know where you are gonna go it has to be nerve wracking for the boys"
"Oh definitely even though they dont admit it" she said and we both laughed.

Draft day was coming and I had to be ready for the biggest day of Tyler's life. A life changing moment.