Chapter 4

I been some type of way lately not gonna lie. Joey has me smiling and all happy and stuff. Tyler has tried to talk to me but ive done my best to avoid it. He hasnt been doing well lately and many are blaming me, thats why I havent gone to games. I was going to Duke in 2 days and let me tell you i was counting down the minutes, Mia and RJ got something going too he slid into her dms. She was all about him and it was cute. I put on one of Joeys blue nike sweatshirts with work out leggings and birkenstocks. My hair was in dutch braids, not gonna lie i looked cute. I send Joey a snapchat and headed out to the library. I was in need of a new book. 

When i was walking there i put in music RPG by Kehlani, i was into the song when someone tapped my shoulder. 

"Ive been trying to find you to give you this" Tyler handed me my copy of Great Expectations. 

"Thanks" I held it in the awkward silence.

"It was good, i like its take on love" 

"Yeah, me too im glad you liked it well um i gotta get to the library" 

"Can we please talk, Emma its been almost a month"

"Fine, you have a minute" I took out my headphones.

"Im sorry first off, i was into you i am into you Emma i mean that. The party was a mistake i regretted it, When Mia saw me i knew you would hate me and i instantly knew it was wrong and i understand if youre upset you have a right to be but i want to work things out" 

"Tyler, i dont know"

"I know we will just be friends youre with Joey and thats okay i just wanna go back to the way things were" 

"Okay, then fine but just friends" 

"Okay" He smiled. 

"Fine" 

We walked into the library together laughing about something. Mia looked at me with wide eyes. 

"What?" 

"We can talk about it later" she replied. 

I got back to my dorm and Mia was laying on her bed probably texting RJ. I set my stuff down and took my hair out as it was causing a headache. Mia sat up putting her phone down.

"You guys made up" 

"Yeah kinda" 

"He knows youre with Joey thought right?" 

"Yes i made that clear we are just friends"

"Okay"

"Why?"

"Cause i know how into you Joey is and i dont want anything to go wrong with that"

"So you are more concerned about Joey than me?" I crossed my arms.

"No, Emma i mean you chose Joey and i dont want you to fall for Tyler and then up and leave him unless there is a decent reason" 

"Thats not gonna happen Mia, I like Joey" 

"Okay im just making sure" She replied kind of annoying me. 

"Im gonna go get dinner"

I picked up my phone and backpack and walked out. I went to get pizza and none other than PJ, Keldon and Tyler were there. I went to leave when Keldon called me over. 

"Aye Emma come join us" He said and i forced a smile sitting next to Tyler. 

"How you been?" PJ asked.