Chapter 19

Chicago we made it! Ive been to Chicago once before, which is crazy considering im from Michigan. Tylers parents took Ava for the weekend which was nice. It feels weird not having to take care of her though. I wore my blue dress and white vans. Tyler held my hand as we both pulled dour suitcases into the hotel room. I sat on the bed, i was so tired. I had been on bedrest for the past 2 weeks so any type of physical activity tires me out. 

"You good?" Tyler asked grabbing my hand. 

"Yeah, just out of breath" I said looking at him. 

"Im glad you came" He kissed my cheek and then got up.

"Me too" 

"Is that dress new?" 

"Yeah, none of my other ones fit" 

"Well i think it looks good on you"  

"Thanks" I crawled under the covers. 

"You sure your okay?" He crawled in next to me. 

"I just wanna be with you" I said looking at him.

"Im right here" He kissed me.

"Man having a baby really takes the life out of you" 

"Just wait till we have another one" 

"Woah hold up, i barely got through this one" I said and he smiled.

"Not any time soon of course, gotta get married" 

"Yeah, i like that idea" I agreeed. 

"So we have 3 hours until i have to go do an interview, what do you want to do?"

"You know ive always wanted to go to the Navy Pier" 

"Lets do it" He said getting up.

"Okay but im gonna change" I said as i found my blue shorts that had a bow in the front and a Kentucky t-shirt.

We got to the Navy Pier and it was so pretty. We walked around for a while just looking around and taking in the fresh air. 

"I think we should get married before the draft" Tyler stated.

"So you think we are gonna plan a whole wedding in 3 months!?"

"I mean ive known people who have done it in less time than that" 

"I mean we could but i dont want to rush it"

"It wouldnt be rushed" 

"The last time we talked about that you wanted next summer, there is a big difference of next summer and in 3 months what changed?" 

"I wanna marry you sooner" 

"Nah dont give me that excuse" I stopped and looked at him. 

"I just dont wanna lose you" 

"Ty your never gonna lose me" I said. 

"I just i dont know i feel like it could happen" 

"If it couldve it wouldve and it didnt. I only wanna be with you" 

"It just makes me nervous like what would happen with Ava and how would you and I be, it scares me" 

"We dont have to worry about that okay" 

"Okay" He kissed me. 

It was time for his interview. I sat behind the scenes watching as the espn interviewer asked him questions about basketball, then it got to personal questions. 

"You just got engaged!" The interviewer said. 

"Yeah I did" Tyler smiled. 

"Congrats, what a year you have had lets see you finished your freshman season at Kentucky with an outstanding performance, met your fiance, became a father and got engaged, what was all of that like?" 

"It was amazing, I think looking back nobody ever realizes how much one year can change everything. For me this has been the best year yet. Meeting Emma was one of the best things to ever happen and our little Ava made me a Dad there are no words to describe what that feeling is" 

"What was all of that like with balancing basketball too?"

"You know i love basketball but my family is my main priority. Without Em and Ava i wouldnt be where i am today, they give me the motivation to do what i do. Basketball is my second priority but not the first nothing can replace my girls" He said and i smiled, what a guy. 

"There has been a lot of critics on how you are so young and are gonna get married and you are a father what do you want to say to them?" 

"Again, i love basketball, it was my first love but family is forever basketball isnt. This doesnt negatively effect my game if anything it makes me better it makes me want to be better so really the critics cant say anything until they go through a day in my life" 

"Thank you for your time, good luck" She smiled. 

"Thank you" Tyler said and the interview ended. 

"You meant that?" I asked as we walked hand in hand back to the hotel. 

"Yeah, you and Ava will always be my top priority no matter what" 

"Okay" I grinned. 

"What?" He smiled looking at me. 

"I am just wondering how i got so lucky" 

"Em im the lucky one, you gave me two of the greatest gifts" 

"I mean one unexpectedly but yeah" 

"Yeah" he laughed. 

"I need to tell you something" 

"What?" 

"I got excepted into UofM's Law program" I said and he didnt say anything for a second. 

"Im assuming you wanna go" 

"I do, its been my dream. But i want to have your support i dont know where you will be drafted too and what our family will be like but i need this i need to do something for myself" 

"I want you to go" 

"Really?" 

"Yeah, its your dream we can make it work" 

"I thought you would be more hesitant" 

"Em you are helping me fulfill mine its only right i help you with yours"

"I love you" I said kissing him.

"I love you too" 

in little than 2 months our life is going to change, who knows what will happen.