Chapter 7

I was so confused. I like Tyler i do but i cant do what he wants. I cant be only needed when its good for him. I get hes scared but i think everyone is a little when they get into a relationship. I know hes a good person, ive seen that in him. His smiles, His eyes, His hair, the way he holds my hand, how when he kisses me i can always feel him smile, and how he reads the books i read even the hopeless romance novels. Im falling hard and i know he is, he just is nervous. I want to help ease that. It was selection sunday and the guys and their girlfriends/choice friend were invited to Coach Cals house. Tyler asked me to go with him last night and i was currents showing him the 2 dress options i could wear while he laid on my bed under the covers, his messed up hair and tired look but he was still happy. I put on a long more casual long red dress with a slit on one side, and a shorter blue one that was spaghetti straps and flowy. 

"I dig the red one but blue is kentucky colors so im gonna have to say the blue one" 

"Okay" I said as i curled my hair. 

I put on the blue one with my Birkenstocks and made the curls look more natural. He put on a kentucky t-shirt and black joggers that made me fall for him all over again. It made me feel overdressed but whatever. I sat down on my bed looking for a necklace when he set a white box on my leg. I gave him a questioning look and he motioned for me to open. I opened the box moving the paper that covered a beautiful gold hear necklace. 

"Tyler" 

"I saw it in the store and couldnt resist" He smiled and took it moving my hair and clasping it around my neck. 

"Thank you" I smiled touching it. 

"Can we talk later?" 

"Yeah of course" I smiled and we got up walking to his car. 

He opened the door for me as i got in. See hes like the perfect boyfriend but doesnt want to be called boyfriend. Its a struggle. He held my hand as we walked into Coach Cals large house. I felt so out of place. He could tell i was nervous and squeezed my hand. 

"Hey Coach" Tyler said smiling.

"Who this?" Coach asked referencing to me. 

"This is Emma"

"Ah the renowned Emma ive heard so much about" He smiled shaking my hand.

"Thanks for having me sir" 

"Hey your with Tyler so that makes you family, call me coach" 

"Thank you, coach" I smiled and Keldon motioned for Tyler and i to come over.

"You look nice Emma" He said hugging me. 

"Thanks Keldon" I smiled.

"Im gonna go grab some water you want some to Em?" Tyler asked.

"Yeah sure, thanks" I said and he kissed my cheek.

"Everything seems good between you two" 

"He opened up to me about everything and i get it, while i dont want to be only needed when its good for him he understands that honestly i dont know what we are but after talking i feel like things are good" I smiled watching Tyler hug Mrs Calipari as she said something and he smiled.

"Im glad hes been so off without you"

"I have been too" 

"Hey Em come here!" Tyler said.

"Well im being paged talk to you later" I said walking away.

"You must be Emma" Mrs C hugged me.

"Thats me" I smiled.

"I love your dress that color is perfect on you"

"Oh thank you, Tyler actually picked it out"

"He must have good taste then"

"I guess so" 

"It was nice meeting you" 

"You too" I smiled. 

I was walking around looking for Tyler who had left me. He was talking to a brown haired girl who kept touching his arm. I was getting a little mad but not enough to show. 

"Emma!" PJ ran over.

"PJ, hey" I smiled. 

"You good?" He put his hand on my arm. 

"Who is she?" 

"I guess a friend of Coachs shes been all over T since they met"

"Should i go out there?" 

"Yeah, make it known she cant have him"

"Okay" I said walking away, I slid next to Tyler holding his hand. 

"Hey T, who is this?" I looked from him to her.

"This is Maya one of Coachs friends daughters" 

"Who is she?" Maya asked acting standoffish. 

"Shes my girl" Tyler said side hugging me which made me blush, im his girl. 

"Oh nice, Im getting a call" She then walked away.

"Your girl huh" I smiled and he kissed the top of my head.

"My girl for sure" He laughed.

Gosh i love him. 

We ended up a 2 seed getting ACU. The team is confident on getting the W and making a big tournament run which they for sure could do. Tyler and i were walking around downtown. It was dark out but so pretty with the lights lining the streets. He had his arm around my waist and it was the best feeling in the world, not even comparable. 

"So i need to ask you something" He said.

"Okay"

"Will you be my girlfriend?" 

"Tyler i thought you didnt want labels" 

"I want labels if its with you" 

"Then yes T i would love to be your girlfriend"

"Okay" He kissed me and i could feel him smiling.