Chapter 5

I tried calling Joey when we got back to campus that next day. It went to voicemail. I didnt know what to say. I love him i know i do but i dont want to break his heart. I cant do that to him. I had to go to class so i put my hoodie on and leggings. I walked as fast as i could trying to avoid everyone. I guess that didnt work well.

"Emma how was duke?" Tyler came up behind me.

"Can we not talk about it" I said not looking at him. 

"Are-are you okay?"

"I dont know"

"Emma whats wrong?" 

"I think Joey and i are no longer together" I said starting to tear up, he noticed pulling me into a hug.

"Im sorry, it will be okay Em i know it"

"Why does everyone keep saying that, its not okay"

"It will be though"

My phone rang and it was Joey, i moved away from Tyler answering it.

"Hey" 

"Emma, im coming to see you tonight we need to talk"

"Okay" 

"Ill see you soon"

"See you soon" 

I ended the call and walked back over to Tyler.

"Everything okay?"

"It might be now" I replied having hope. 

I was waiting for Joey at my dorm and finally there was a knock on my door. I had put my hair in a bun and did some makeup although i didnt care if i was put together when i saw him. Hes seen me at my best he can see me at my worst. 

"Hey Em" He said as i opened the door. 

"Hey" I smiled nervously.

"So i wanna get to it, i couldnt sleep i didnt know what to do about us, i think its best if we just be friends again" 

"Okay"

"Its not that i dont trust you i just know what its like to be dating someone then have someone that i used to have feelings for come back into my life, it was the hardest decision and i want to make yours easier for you. You and Tyler is more practical i mean you guys are at the same college whereas we arent and i dont know i just could see you two together and i want you to be happy, i think us being friends will be good" 

"I agree"

"Friends?" 

"Friends." I replied as he hugged me. 

It was Kentuckys gameday and Mia convinced me to go. I mean she promised she would buy me pizza after so i couldnt say no, thats pretty much illegal. I put on a kentucky t-shirt with ripped jeans and combat boots. I straightened my hair pulling some of it back. 

"You look cute" She smiled. 

Her and RJ were going strong and it was adorable. He had came up for the game, I was gonna ask Joey if he wanted to come but i couldnt bring myself too it would be awkward especially with Tyler. I was meeting with Tyler before the game at Rupp. I grabbed my bag and charger and walked quickly to the arena, i couldnt be late. It was windy so i fixed my hair in the window, little did i realize he was outside of it and could see me. 

"Nice hair" He smirked.

"You didnt see that did you" I gasped.

"I did" He laughed.