Chapter V

*TOM'S P.O.V*

"Sorry man, nothing here." Harrison sighed in defeat.

I know it wasn't his fault, but those words slowly made my heart ache. It was the next morning. We had searched the whole house for the number, and still nothing.

'Why?' I thought to myself. 'Why do I feel this way?' 'Why can't I find her number?'

My thoughts were interrupted, by Haz looking at me, dead in the eye.

"Tom, mate. I'm really sorry.." He started to apologise. I wanted to tell him it was ok, it wasn't his fault.

But I couldn't.

I was stuck. For some reason, I was so let down by the fact that I couldn't find her number. I really wanted to get to know her, and maybe even be friends.

She was the most perfect girl I had ever met, even seen, and I let that slip away.

I continued to look down at the floor, as Harrison spoke up again.

"Why don't we get some fresh air. Sure, you've gotten some sleep which is good, but you've stayed inside for all of yesterday. Maybe taking Tessa on a walk will clear your mind." He suggested. My eyes widened, as I turned to my best friend with a hopeful expression on my face.

"You're right, that's a good idea!" I felt my blood pumping again. "Once again, thanks Haz. I don't know what I'd do without you."

"Ok, then go for me!" Harrison joked. I questioned and laughed at Harrison's antics, making him laugh hysterically at my smiling-yet-confused face. I have to admit, it cheered me up. I looked down with a smile and prepared my things for a walk with Tessa.

I got Tessa's leash, as she ran up to me excitedly at the sound. I played with her for a bit before putting on her leash, instantly feeling a little better. I attached the leash onto her collar, and called Harrison. He came running to the door, and we got going.

"We never talked about this.." Harrison started. We were about 5 minutes into the walk. I turned to him in confusion. Harrison continued, "Well, why do you like Y/n? You know, what makes her special?"

I thought about it for a bit, looking down.

"Wait, I don't mean that there's nothing special about her, it's just I want to know why you like her and stuff. If that makes sense. Like your opinion on he-" Harrison quickly said, defending his question in case I took it in the wrong context. I cut him off.

"Oh nono, Haz I get what you're saying." I said to him, making him breathe a sigh of relief. "But to answer your question, I g-guess there's quite a few things.." As I said that, Harrison looked to me intrigued.

I looked up at the sky and took a deep breath. "Where to start.."

———

*Y/N'S P.O.V*

"Hey Paige," I called out to my best friend, from across the hallway.

"Yeah?" She responded, with her head popping out of the door frame.

"I might take Blitz out for a walk later. Wanna tag along?" As I said my dog's name with the word 'walk', he came running through the doggy door and straight into my legs, almost tripping me over. "Hey hey, easy there Blitz." I whispered, starting to scratch the beautiful and very fluffy husky behind his ears. His tail wagged as I continued to pat him. Paige appeared a few feet in front of me, laughing at the sight. She walked closer and bent down to Blitz's height.

Paige started to pat Blitz. "Yeah, sure!" She looked up at me, and then looked back at Blitz. "I haven't really played with you much lately, have I?" She said to the dog, earning a laugh from me. Blitz heard my laugh and wagged his tail more. "You really love your owner, don't you?" Paige said to Blitz, making Blitz sit up straight, showing he enjoyed all the attention.

"I know someone else who must love your owner too." Paige looked up at me with a smirk, knowing I well-knew who she was referring to.

———

*TOM'S P.O.V*

I had finished listing off the first things that came to my head about why I felt a certain way towards Y/n. I could feel my face heat up and go slightly pink. I turned to see Harrison with an even wider smirk plastered on his face.

"Love at first sight, huh?" He teased. At this point, I gave in.

"Probably..." I muttered, but Harrison still somehow heard. Soon enough, I heard an unexpected squeal. At first, I thought it was a nearby fan who spotted me, but then I saw Harrison with a red face, and a hand slapped over his mouth. I blinked in disbelief. "Mate, w-was that, you?" I attempted to hold in a laugh, as I saw Harrison facepalm.

"ARGH! COME ON TOM, I'VE NEVER SEEN YOU TALK ABOUT A GIRL LIKE THAT. LIKE I JUST WANT YOU TWO TO DATE ALREADY." Harrison went on a surprising fangirling, well, fanboying rant. I noticed Tessa's tail wagging faster against my leg, obviously getting more excited.

'Weird.'

We reached an open area for Tessa to run around. I could tell she was excited, so I let her off the leash for a bit and sat down with Harrison on a close by bench. We had walked a pretty long distance.

Harrison and I talked a little more. He helped get my mind off a couple of things, while we still kept an eye on Tessa.

I still couldn't help but laugh at his words. They really helped. Sure, I was still a little let down on the fact that I couldn't find the number, but I have an amazing best friend and my beautiful Tessa.

Right?

"Tessa?" I called out, noticing she wasn't in my line of sight. Harrison also got up in panic.

"Tessa!" We both yelled out in unison, trying to find her.

Just like Y/n's number,

She was gone.