Chapter XX

a/n:  I DIDN'T WANT TO START WITH AN A/N BUT I WAS SO CONFUSED AS TO WHY I WAS GETTING COMMENTS LAST CHAPTER HWJSJSJW I ACCIDENTALLY MARKED THIS STORY AS COMPLETE BY MISTAKE IM SO SO SORRY!! DD:

DON'T WORRY YALL WE'RE NOT DONE JUST YET !! T^T

aA on another note!! thank you all so much for all the comments! they're always a pleasure to read hehe (some of y'all are too funny omg :kekw:)

& don't think i don't see your comments on the first chapter :eyes: your names are very beautiful, just like you!! /gen

never forget that! <33

i've also been informed that one of my real life friends' cousins reads this so hello there!! thank you for reading, lol. i hope you & all my readers enjoy!! :D

NOW ONTO THE (very messy & unedited) CHAPPIE~!! Please feel free to comment on typos & I'll gladly fix them! ;>

...

*TOM'S P.O.V*

I was seated at the corner of my bed with a pout, slouching slightly like a sulking child who had just been told off.

Well, that wasn't too far off of what just happened.

For the past hour or so, I've earned an earful from Paige about making Y/n cry. That woman could definitely pop off when she needed to. To be fair, it was well deserved— I definitely could've worded my explanation to Y/n about my feelings for her a lot better.

After Paige had finished letting off steam, she left with one last warning.

"Don't do that again. I'm watching you Thomas." She warned with a slight glare, making a gesture to let me know that she was indeed watching. I gave an apologetic smile in return, hoping I had convinced her enough. After Paige and Harrison had walked into my room, just as Y/n and I were about to kiss, Paige ushered Harrison and Y/n out of the room to have a private chat with me, and that's how I ended up in this odd situation.

After a good few minutes and trying process everything that happened, I finally stood up from my bed, taking a deep breath. Closing my door behind me out of habit, I carefully made my way down my stairs, only to be met with a cackling Harrison.

I shot him a glare from the staircase, as if to say 'dude, are you serious?!'.

"S-sorry." Harrison let out an apology in between muffled laughs, as he tried to cover his mouth in an attempt to cease his laughter. Once I reached the bottom of the stairs, I walked over to where he was, looking around for Y/n and Paige.

"If you're looking for Y/n," Harrison started, his laughter now gone as he saw me glancing around. "Paige kinda dragged her out of the house as soon as she finished talking with you. Surprised you didn't hear the front door open and shut closed."

I turned sound to look back at Harrison almost instantly. "What?" I asked, beyond surprised. "You're kidding!" Harrison simply shrugged. I could tell he felt kind of bad.

"At least we know what happens when someone makes your precious Y/n cry when Paige is around-?"

*Y/N'S P.O.V*

"You didn't think this through, did you?" I joked with Paige, as she continued to hold me by the wrist. I was surprised when she dragged me out of Tom's house without another word, only after exiting him room with a huff. I remember looking back at Harrison, who seemed confused, but found it funny nonetheless. Paige, who was blinded by rage, forgot that we were picked up by Tom and Harrison; meaning we had no mode of transport to get home.

"I did not," she agreed with no hesitation, stifling a laugh. "But it's too awkward to stay in that house after that long talk I had with that oblivious boyfriend of yours."

I felt my face heat up at her words, as mind mind went back to Tom's confession, and-

'Were we.. about to kiss?'

I shook my head slightly in an attempt to erase that thought.

"I still can't believe you lectured him. For an hour, too." I tried changing the subject for a moment, while also trying to make the shake of my head somewhat seem more natural. "And he's not my boyfriend, silly." I poked fun at Paige in an effort to cheer her up a bit. She chuckled lightly in response.

"Keep telling yourself that. You should've seen the look on his face while I was telling him off for making you cry." Paige sighed, as we continued to walk. We had reached the end of the street, and the park where Tom and I had found each other's dogs was in view. "I feel a little bad, but I still can't believe he did that."

I shook my head again. "It wasn't that bad! I just overreacted and assumed the worst, it wasn't his fault at all." I explained, but chose to stop it there, knowing everything was all good and done. "I'll call him later to apologise again and explain everything, don't worry."

Paige's hold on my wrist finally eased up and loosened. We continued to walk, reaching the park and approaching our home. The sun that was shining in the sky was slowly setting, painting the sky faint hues of pink and orange. The two of us walked in silence, allowing me to take in everything that had happened during the past two or so days. I subconsciously let out a laugh, causing Paige to look at me with slight concern.

"Sorry," I apologised, realising the unusualness of the situation. "Was just taking everything in." I explained, to which she made an 'o' shape with her mouth and nodded in understanding. I spoke up again.

"Thank you, though." I said genuinely. I watched as Paige then turned her head towards me again, but this time in confusion. "Even though I think you could've gone a little easier on Tom, I really appreciate everything you do for me. It means a lot." I smiled, not able to stop myself from doing so. I saw the expression on my best friend's face soften.

"Don't mention it, Y/n. You know I'm always here for you." She responded, smiling back at me. "It's the least I can do! That also includes me not hesitating to beat someone up for you." She joked, causing the both of us to laugh.

I nudged her arm lightly, as we continued to laugh at the sudden change from 'sappy' to 'ruining-the-moment' in the atmosphere. It wasn't long before we had reached our home, just in time for the sun to set and signify it was now evening time. Unlocking our front door with the twist of house keys from my pocket, we were greeted by Blitz jumping on us excitedly.

"Hello my dear boy!" I greeted back, scratching behind his ears.

"We missed you too!" Paige laughed, trying to squeeze through the front door. We finally made it inside, closing and locking the door behind us. It was only when we were inside the house and playing with Blitz when I realised.

"Paige,"

She turned to look at me, expectant of what I was about to say next, before her eyes widened.

"We forgot our clothes at their place, didn't we?"