Chapter IX

*Y/N'S P.O.V*

Blitz and Tessa we're playing and running around in Tom's backyard, as we both sat at a nearby table and ate. Paige and Harrison soon joined us at the medium sized table.

We sat in a comfortable silence. I could feel eyes on me, but I continued to be lost in my thoughts. I just felt so at ease, looking through the clear window, the sun's light shining through the cracks in the clouds. I finally looked down at my plate to see there were only crumbs left. I got up to put my plate away, only to be stopped by Tom. I looked up to see him smiling down at me, gesturing for me to hand him the plate. I did so with a little 'thank you', and walked around a bit; admiring the beautiful homely abode.

"Lost there, darling?" Tom called out with a light laugh from the kitchen, as I found myself in what seemed like the living room. I lightly chuckled to myself in embarrassment.

"Oh! Sorry, I was just admiring your home. It just feels so calming and homely here." I explained, earning a nod from Tom. Paige and Harrison exchanged teasing glances, probably thinking the same thing.

"Hm.." Paige hummed. "Maybe while we're all here and have nothing to do, we should do something!" She suggested with a bright face.

Harrison walked over to ensure the doggy door for Blitz and Tessa was open. "Maybe we could have a Marvel Movie Marathon!" He said, gesturing to Tom. Tom's eyes lit up, and I felt my eyes enlarge slightly.

"Yes! That's a great idea!" Tom beamed. "Only if you're okay with it, Y/n." He said as he turned to me.

I smiled to him. "Of course! It'll be a great way to bond a little more and it's Marvel! So a yes from me." I laughed, as the four of us made our way onto the couch. Tessa and Blitz entered the room, taking up a portion of the couch. Everyone had sat down except for me, and there was very limited space. Of course, Paige and Harrison took the only seperate couch, so I was forced to sit very close by Tom.

Tom patted the spot next to him on the couch for me to sit. I sat down, and we all brought up blankets, since it was beginning to fall further into the evening, which meant it would get colder very soon.

———

*TOM'S P.O.V*

We had already put in the first disc for the first Iron Man movie. Y/n was close next to me, but it was surprisingly warm and comfortable. It genuinely felt like I knew Y/n for years, but, I guess she was just that kind of person.

While the movie was still loading, I pulled out my phone to see many notifications from Y/n and I's posts. Some comments ranging from "That's good that you found Tessa" to hilarious ones saying "STUFF TOM WHO'S THE GIRL."

I laughed at my phone, scrolling through many comments that shipped us. They already came up with ship names. It made me happy to see that so many of my fans were supporting her, even if we were just friends.

For now at least.

What made a bigger smile form on my face, were that people were praising Y/n. She deserved it. I looked to my side to see her smiling at the screen, obviously excited for the movie to start. She really was beautiful.

I turned off my phone and looked to the screen as sound came off the speakers. Although the movie started playing, and as much as I love RDJ, my mind couldn't get off Y/n.

≫≫≫

It was late into the night, and we were already up to Avengers: Age Of Ultron. I saw Paige give me a look as if saying 'comfort Y/n if she cries, or I'll kill you.'

I smiled nervously understanding what Paige was trying to tell me, remembering a lot of stuff happened in this movie. I felt a slight squeeze next to me. It was Y/n. The blanket kept slipping off, and it was pretty late, so it got cold. I could feel her shivering slightly, so while Harrison and Paige weren't looking, I slowly wrapped an arm around Y/n's shoulders, in an effort to keep her warm. I told her it was ok if she wanted to rest her head or lay down. She snuggled up against me, with her head on my chest, immediately making my heart melt. She fit perfectly onto my chest and in my arms. I could tell her smaller structure was comfortable, making me subconsciously smile.

We stayed like this for most of the movie, and I was sure to wipe her tears with my sleeve. The movie soon enough ended, and we all agreed we should take a break, or that it would be enough for the night. We stood up and stretched, realising Tessa and Blitz were sleeping peacefully next to each other.

We made our way to the kitchen, grabbing some food.

"Hey, what time is it?" Y/n called out softly before taking a bite of a biscuit.

"It's past midnight, almost 2am." Harrison simply answered. My eyes widened.

"It's really late.. Way too late to be going home. Do you two want to stay here? There's a guest bedroom and my brother's rooms are free." I suggested. I hoped that Y/n and Paige would be able to stay. We felt like a close group of friends, and to say I didn't enjoy the little cuddles with Y/n would be a bigger lie than saying I wouldn't give spoilers.

Harrison raised his eyebrows in a tease at me, as Paige's eyes twinkled.

"Yes! That's a great idea! If you don't mind, that is." Paige said, obviously very excited. Y/n laughed and wore a smile, before yawning. I laughed a little, and went off to set up the rooms.

"You two can choose where you'd like to sleep. One of you can take my room too if you want. I'll take the couch." I said, while making my way up the stairs. "Oh, and Haz and I can get some clothes for you too if you want."

Y/n then went off saying I should stay in my room and not sleep on the couch, causing all of us to laugh. Haz and I finally went upstairs and got things sorted.

'What a day it has been.'