Chapter XII

*TOM'S P.O.V*

"Thanks for your work today, Tom."

The director thanked me. I had finished a recording session for an animated movie I was starring in.

"It's no worry! Happy with the progress!" I said with a wave, before making my way to the car. The door opened and I gladly went in, meeting a smiling Harrison.

"How'd it go?" He asked, starting the car as I buckled my seatbelt.

"Really good! Now let's head home! I'm starving!" I said making both of us laugh.

"Hey Haz," As Harrison was driving, a question came to mind. "How was that date with Paige?"

The car halted for a second, before abruptly continuing along the road. I tilted my head slightly in confusion, laughing lightly.

"Mate, what was that?" I asked, letting my mouth curl into a smirk and allowed my laughs to escape. "Did it really go that bad?"

"No, no.." Harrison spoke up shaking his head, a hand still firm on the steering wheel. "I just didn't expect you to ask." He sighed before continuing. "But, to answer your question.."

I looked at him with an excited expression on my face.

"..It will have to wait until we get home!" He announced, making me groan in annoyance.

"Oh come on!" I said in frustration, bringing my attention to my phone when I heard Haz laugh.

———

*Y/N'S P.O.V*

My fingers lingered across Tom's contact on my phone screen. I was debating on whether or not I should text him.

With my phone in one hand, stroking Blitz's fur with the other, my mind wandered. I had the sudden thought to text Tom, see what he's doing, wondering if we could hang out at a cafe or something. But, he was probably busy. As a fan I knew his schedule would be packed, and I didn't want to bother him.

'You know what, a single text won't hurt.' I thought to myself, as I began typing a message.

[Y/n's Phone]
Thomas The Dank Engine
3:08pm

Hey Tom! How are you?
sent

'See Y/n? Wasn't so bad!' I rejoiced to myself, letting out a breath I had held in for a little too long.

Now, to wait.

I swung my legs that hung off the sofa in boredom, for what seemed like ages. Paige was God knows where. The only company I had was Blitz, but even he looked bored. Maybe I could offer to take care of Tessa for a day or two if Tom's busy.

ding!

Speak of the devil.

I quickly unlocked my phone to view the message from Tom.

[Y/n's Phone]
Thomas The Dank Engine

Hi Y/n! I'm doing alright, haha. You?

That's good! I'm ok too, just bored.

Ah same. I'm trying to get answers from Haz about that day he had with Paige.
Speaking of which, has she told you anything?

She's currently out somewhere.
Usually when she knows I'll ask
her about something,
she leaves to avoid it ;-;

Aw
Haz is just being a pain in the ass.

PFFT

Oh, by the way,
Do you maybe want to
hang out some time?

Of course!

Alright, cool!
How does Wednesday at 11:30am sound?

Sounds great! Look forward to it :D
read 3:21pm

I smiled to myself. Oh, how excited I was for that day.

But right now, my main concern was Paige.

I got up from my spot on the sofa leaving Blitz confused. He titled his head and prepared to follow me. I made my way to my trusty fridge.

For food, though. I know Paige was insane but not to the extent where she'd hide in our own fridge.

'Well I mean I hope she isn't crazy enough to do that.' I thought to myself, reaching to the handle of the fridge. With a deep breath, I opened the door.

"Hey Y/n!" Paige's voice called out.

No, not from the fridge, from the front door. Luckily.

I got some food from the fridge and closed the door, before turning my head to greet Paige back. "Hey! Where've you been?" Paige placed her bags off stuff down and sat on the couch.

"Oh, you know. Just some shopping." She said with a laugh, as Blitz jumped up to sit next to her. "Trying to avoid a certain question.." She whispered, but I heard.

I smirked and sat next to her. "Might that question be, 'what did you do with Harrison'?" Conveniently, Blitz sat on top of her, making her unable to move.

'Good boy! Should give him a treat later.' I mentally noted. I tried to hold in a laugh when I saw Paige's shocked expression.

"Come on, no need to hide! Paige you know I love youuu!" I dramatically dragged out the 'u', reaching my arms out to hug her. She took my embrace and sighed.

"Well, it's only fair." She said laughing and cleared her throat.

———

*TOM'S P.O.V*

"We started with going out to get food of course. We ate at a really nice burger place, and being the gentleman I am, I of course payed for the food." Harrison was explaining his day with Paige to me, as we both sat on the sofa, watching TV but at a low volume. I laughed at his choice of words. "When we finished eating we went around looking at different shops and admiring the view. Talked about you and Y/n. Good times." He said with a laugh. "We exchanged numbers too. Other than that it was just a hang out. It was really nice though, she's a good person to be around."

I nodded in understanding, smirking a little bit. "You sound like you had fun. That's good, I'm glad you two talked a lot." I said smiling, before muttering something under my breath. "Even if it was about myself and Y/n."

Haz then threw his arms up in the air. "Are you kidding?! You and Y/n is like the bEST topic to talk about. We're both Tom and Y/n enthusiasts!" He exclaimed. I thought he was joking at first, but he had a serious look in his eyes.

"Whatever you say, Haz." I sighed and turned the volume on the TV up higher.