Chapter XVII

*Y/N'S P.O.V*

As my eyes fluttered open, I could feel rays of sunlight, softly hitting me as they crept through the blinds, along with a masculine pair of arms wrapped around me.

'Wait. Arms?'

I quickly blinked a couple of times, trying to get my eyes used to my surroundings. When I could see clearly, I looked around. I realised the arms were coming from behind.

Then it clicked.

'Tom.'

I silently smiled to myself, before slowly turning around, careful to not wake Tom up. I did so successfully and was greeted with a sound-asleep Tom. A smile couldn't help but make its way across my face. He looked so at ease.

Before I knew it, a pair of eyes suddenly opened, surprising me. I jolted slightly, causing the now awake Tom to laugh.

"Sorry love, did I scare you?" He whispered quietly with a small chuckle. I hit him lightly in the shoulder playfully.

"Yeah, you did." I said with a smile. "Did you sleep well?"

Tom's smile became a smirk. "Of course I did! I had you in my arms after all, not to mention everything that happened in that truth or dare game."

I made a 'o' shape with my mouth in realisation, before laughing along with Tom.

"I think the other two are still sleeping, let's try to sleep in for a few more hours." Tom suggested, making me smile and nod in response. I could tell Tom was enjoying this, and I'd be lying if I said I couldn't agree.

We both closed our eyes to sleep again, still facing each other. It was quiet.

That silence, although, didn't last very long.

"I AIN'T GOT NO SLEEP 'CAUSE OF Y'ALL, Y'ALL NEVER GONNA SLEEP 'CAUSE OF ME-" Paige yelled from across the hallway.

Pots and pans could be heard along with Paige's screeching and Harrison's wheezes, causing Tom and I to wake up.

"Ok to be fair I did get sleep, and as cute as you two are, you lovebirds need to wake up!" Paige and Harrison laughed, as they saw us stretching and trying to get up from the doorframe.

"Look at them being all snuggly, aww. Good thing we took pictures while they weren't looking, huh Paige?" Harrison announced with a smirk, nudging Paige slightly.

"I know right! After all, they do say a picture lasts longer." Paige answered proudly with a wink.

"You what?" I asked, up and ready.

Paige and Harrison looked at each other before looking back at me. "Uh oh."

As if a gunshot was sounded to start a race, Tom and I ran towards Paige and Harrison.

With an exchange of words such as "YOU COME BACK HERE" and "JUST TRY AND CATCH ME!", Tom and I chased the shipping-obsessed duo around the house like maniacs.

Soon enough, we all had our hands on our knees, panting for breath.

"That's, definitely the most running I've done, in a very long time." Paige said in between breaths. I let out a sigh in agreement, I couldn't seem to form any words while trying to catch my breath.

"So," Harrison started. "What do you two want for breakfast?" He asked, looking at Paige and I.

Tom scoffed. "Two?"

Harrison snapped back. "Yeah, I'm not cooking for you."

Paige and I just looked at each other and laughed. We both made our way to the kitchen counter as Harrison started unpacking things he'd need to cook.

"We're fine with anything! You don't have to cook for us, Haz." I said with a smile, only to be nudged by Paige.

"Don't you realise this means free breakfast?!" She whisper-yelled to me, before turning her head to Harrison with a bright smile. "I wouldn't mind some pancakes!"

"Pancakes it is!" Harrison laughed.

I heard a chair pull up to the other side of me. I looked to see Tom sitting there, with a childish pout on his face as he looked towards Harrison who could only laugh.

I continued to look at Tom, a smile subconsciously making its way across my face. I saw the way his facial expression softened from a joking pout to a warm smile. The way the corner of his eyes slightly crinkled, you could see the happiness radiating off of him.

I could see him start to turn around in my direction, which made me realise I had been staring. I quickly turned my head to in front of me, blush spread across my cheeks. I mentally scolded myself.

'Be careful next time Y/n! You almost got caught there!'

*TOM'S P.O.V*

I turned around slightly, only to see Y/n whip her head to whatever was in front of her. I could easily see the pink shade that dusted her cheeks and the tips of her ears, I found it too cute.

My smile grew wider before I looked away. I didn't want Y/n to feel embarrassed if she noticed me staring for too long. I looked towards Harrison cooking. I could see him sneak in some glances towards Paige.

'Dude, you're so whipped.' I gave him a look.

His eyes met mine as he shot a similar one back, as if he was trying to tell me to shut up. I could only laugh.

*Y/N'S P.O.V*

"Is it just me, or are they communicating with their eyes?" I leaned over to Paige, whispering to her as we both observed Tom and Harrison's behaviour.

"That's definitely what they're doing. What they're talking about though, I do not know." She whispered back.

"Must be some sort of telepathic communication." We whispered to each other at the same time, only making us laugh at our synchronisation. Tom and Harrison then whipped their heads to our direction due to our sudden outburst. Harrison was the first to speak up.

"You know we can hear you two, right?" He laughed.

"You two are terrible at whispering." Tom added on, before looking directly at me. "Sorry, love."

I lightly hit his arm. "Hey!"

"Alright lovebirds, breakfast's ready."