Chapter XIV

*TOM'S P.O.V*

Y/n and I were really full from the food we ate, so the car ride to the next destination I had in mind was silent.

In the corner of my eye, I could see Y/n looking through the window, astonished with how the light beamed through the cracks of the trees. I laughed wholeheartedly after noticing how amazed Y/n was.

"We're almost there." I said to her, still laughing.

"Ok!" She replied, patiently yet excitedly.

*Y/N'S P.O.V*

The car ride continued for maybe another minute or two, until Tom parked the car. He got out and opened the door for me like a gentlemen. We both laughed as I said a quiet thank you. Once he closed the car door shut and locked the car, he lead me further to what looked like a set of stairs. He held his hand for me to hold, as we both made our way up the stairs; careful not to fall.

I felt so at ease with Tom — even though we were walking up stairs. I always feel so comfortable with him. A smile was evident on Tom's face, causing the grin on my face to grow wider. We had finally reached the top, out of breath.

I turned my head to look at the beautiful view. There were trees with leaves falling gracefully, left and right. It was breathtaking.

"You like it?" Tom appeared next to me, smiling. I turned to him happily.

"I love it! How did you even find this place?" I asked, amazed. I earned a chuckle from Tom.

"Now that, darling, is a secret." He sent a sly wink my way. I could only laugh and shake my head at his antics.

I continued to be in awe of the scenery, taking in the atmosphere around me. I couldn't ask for anything more naturally beautiful. My admiration of the view came to a halt when I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist.

"Sorry if I'm moving things too fast, but I really felt like doing this." He said softly. I felt him loosen his hold around me, and I took it as a chance to turn around and hug him.

I felt him freeze up for a moment, before hugging me back. We stayed like that for a while, comfortable in each other's embrace. We pulled away from each other.

"You're a good hugger." I complimented with a laugh. Tom laughed as well.

"I'm glad." He gave me a sweet smile.

We both turned back to look at the outstanding view, feeling the breeze gently hit our faces.

"You know, Y/n," Tom spoke up. I hummed in response. "You're special. In a very good way." He smiled, making me smile too. I could feel warmth creep it's way across my cheeks.

"Thank you." I replied, "You're special to me too." I said honestly, enjoying the peacefulness of the place. I couldn't express how free I felt. I was so thankful that Tom had brought me here. The wind started to pick up.

"Let's go before it gets too windy, yeah?" Tom suggested, to which I gladly accepted as I felt the wind grow stronger. "We'll visit here often together." He smiled widely, his facial features brightening. I smiled back just as happily, nodding at the idea.

We made our way back to the car, Tom opening the passenger door for me and closing it, before making his way to the driver's seat. Just as he closed his door, a huge gush of wind blew. I shivered slightly, feeling the cold.

"Here." Tom said, taking off his jacket and putting it over me. He then took of his hat and jokingly placed it on my head, chuckling lightly.

"There you go, you should be a little warmer now." He smiled, causing me to laugh a little. The hat moved around on my head, not wanting to stay in place because of how big it was.

Tom started the car and we got driving.

"Today was fun, Tom. Again, thank you." I turned to face him, the picture of us eating and the scenery still vividly painted in my mind. I couldn't help but crack a little smile in the corner of my lips at the thought.

"Anytime! I want to hang out with you as much as I can on free days." He said simply, eyes still fixated on the road. "Feel free to text me anytime by the way, I'll check the messages whenever I can. You're amazing company."

I could feel the warmth make its way to my cheeks. I really felt, special. Tom's words were so genuine, everything about him really just made my heart melt.

Even more, now that I know him in person, and not just behind a screen.

I quickly snapped out of my daze, realising I nearly left Tom with no response.

"Thank you, it means a lot. I'll be texting to check on you every once in a while." I said with a little laugh. Tom simply nodded with a smile, focusing his attention back on the road.

The rest of the car ride was silent, but it was a comfortable silence. I looked at the trees swaying from the wind through the car window. Even though the hangout wasn't for hours and hours, I still cherished every moment.

*TOM'S P.O.V*

I parked in Y/n's driveway. Only a few seconds later, Paige was seen standing at the door, waving. Once I got out, I opened the door for Y/n before closing it. We both walked to the front door together.

"Thanks for taking her out today, Tom." Paige sent me a smile.

"Do you have to go now or would you like to come in for a bit?" Y/n asked carefully. I mentally sighed.

I wanted to stay for a bit, but I should probably get home. My day will be packed tomorrow, so I need to sneak in a few naps here and there when I can.

"Thanks for the offer love, but I'm afraid I'll have to get going. Remember, don't hesitate to text me!" I thanked her before waving goodbye, and getting into my car. Just before I started the car, I heard Paige.

"Now, Y/n, tell me all about what happened." She said excitedly, as she ushered Y/n back into the house. She sent a little wave along with a nervous smile before the door closed.

I smiled to myself, and got ready to go.