Chapter XV

A few months later

*Y/N'S P.O.V*

"BREAKING NEWS:
CELEBRITY TOM HOLLAND DATING?

Spider-Man actor Tom Holland spotted with an unknown woman in public multiple times by paparazzi and fans. They appear to be close; laughing together, visiting different places and even holding hands! Some fans have noticed a resemblance between the female seen with Tom and the female in an Instagram post of his from a few months ago. (See attached post).

While some fans are supportive of Tom finding a possible significant other, others are absolutely enraged. Most believe they could just be good friends.

'Aw this is cute! The girl from Tom's Instagram post with Tessa and the other dog are friends!' A post from a fan reads.

What do you think? Could the two be dating?

Rate how you felt about this article-"

I placed my phone down, flat on the table. I closed my eyes and ran my fingers through my hair.

"Are you serious? I can't believe this is happening." I sighed in disbelief, feeling myself shrink into my seat. I peered up from the table when I heard a chair shuffle next to me.

"Hey, it'll be okay." Paige placed a hand on my shoulder, sending me a comforting smile. "They're just rumours anyways. The news can be a pain in the ass." We both laughed.

"I wonder if Tom's seen the news." I said without thinking, resting my head on my arms, as Paige gently pat my back.

"Probably." She answered honestly. "Maybe give him a call or something."

Without any further doubt, I picked my phone back up to text Tom, only to already see a text from him.

[Y/n's Phone]
Thomas The Dank Engine
11:45am

Hey Y/N
Have you seen the news?

Yup.
I can't believe people
took pictures of us
just hanging out

Yeah.. it sucks
How are you feeling?
Sorry about all of this.
This shouldn't have happened.

It's alright, I'm okay!
I'd expected fans to react
this way, it makes sense
Doesn't bother me, haha
It's just the fact that
people are jumping to
conclusions

Ah that's good
I know you're strong but
I was scared if their words hurt you.
If you're ever bothered by this,
please let me know.

Of course!
But don't worry,
I'm doing alright haha

Ok good
Again I'm really sorry this happened

It's not your fault, Tom
It's ok

I don't want you getting hate just
because I want to hang out with you
I'm glad this isn't bothering you too much
We'll have to be more careful from here
on out

Yeah that's ok I understand
We'll keep it on the lowkey, yeah?

Haha, yeah!
We'll just have some night-ins

Sounds good to me!

Alrighty! Then it's settled!
See you later today at 4pm
Haz and I will come pick you
and Paige up ;)

Aye aye captain!
read 11:52am

I chuckled before shutting off my phone and turning again to Paige.

"Be ready by 3, Tom and Haz are going to come pick us up." I said to her with a smile.

"Ohh, so that's why you're so happy all of a sudden. Alrighty then!" She laughed. "It's good to see how well you're handling this, but I still want to beat those toxic little-"

My eyes widened. "Woah woah, Paige! It's okay! I can see why you're angry and I know they're being toxic but it's fine! It doesn't bother me." I looked her in the eyes with a genuine smile. She soon relaxed.

"Okay, as long as you're not hurt." She sighed. "You and Tom deserve to be together though." Paige muttered with a pout, causing me to laugh.

"Whatever you say, Paige."

*TOM'S P.O.V*

I grabbed my car keys and made my way to pick up Y/n and Paige for a night in with Haz and I, Haz following along. Because of the news and paparazzi, our hangouts will have to be indoors at either her or my place from now on.

Not that that's an issue. It just meant more sleepovers and cozy night-ins.

The plan for tonight was a slumber party. Quite childish, I know, but is that going to stop me? Not at all.

I wanted to make Y/n feel at ease and still be comfortable after everything that has happened within a day. We've known each other for many months now, and I don't want rumours or some toxic 'fans' to ruin the relationship I've developed with her, as corny as it sounds. Reading comments on the article, and people saying she didn't deserve me, it hurt.

Sure, maybe she doesn't deserve me. She deserves better. Y/n's been there for me throughout my busy and restless schedule and she's always there to help me feel better after all the stress.

I plan to tell her how I feel soon. I'm scared of ruining our friendship in case she doesn't see me as more, but I really can't help the heavy beating in my chest every time I see her. The way she sends a genuine smile my way, her voice, music to my ears. Haz has told me plenty of times that I'm head over heels.

I just have to hope she feels the same way.

*Y/N'S P.O.V*

I rushed to the front door as I heard a ring, Paige shortly following behind me. I opened the door to see the two people I was expecting.

"Hey Tom, hey Haz!" I greeted with a small wave, before pulling Tom into a friendly hug, then Harrison. Paige poked her head from behind me and waved as the two men looked at the both of us.

"You two ready to go?" Haz eyed us with our bags of food.

"Yup! Unless we need to bring more stuff." I replied, Paige holding and waving the chip packets in the air.

"Will we be staying the night?" Paige asked with an eyebrow raised, curious.

"If you two are okay with that!" Tom responded cheerfully.

I looked back to see what Paige thought about it, only to see her looking at Tom and I, back and forth, with sparkling eyes. I could only laugh.

"Sounds good! I'll just go fetch our clothes." I said before rushing to both my and Paige's rooms to pack some comfortable pyjamas to change into.

Once I arrived back at the front door, we got moving.