Chapter 4

Mitch's POV

As soon as I realised what I was doing, I leapt back in shock, pushing Jerome away, my face burning heavily. A dull thunk sounded and I realised Jerome had fallen onto then off his bed when I had pushed him away, and I hauled him up quickly. I saw his face, a deep tomato red with faint traces of bewilderment, confusion and... something else? I then shoved my hands in my pockets guiltily and looked down. "I'm sorry Jerome."

"It's okay. I-"

"No, it's not. I shouldn't have done that. Like I have Lia and you ha-" I blushed as I realised Jerome was single, the thought never crossing my mind as I said it, having been thrust out of my head. "You shouldn't have to deal with it." I muttered, almost sullen. Not waiting for a reply, I pushed my hands deeper into my pockets and pushed my way out of the room, feeling Jerome's hurt gaze follow me, but not stop me.

Where had that kiss come from? I didn't know. The memory was still seared into my brain, and now it was playing on repeat. His slightly chapped lips, warm and full. What had made me want that, them? Spur of the moment? Spur of the moment. I think.

I walked out the door, too engrossed in my thoughts. I felt so bad. Not only would I now have mucked up my friendship with Jerome, I had probably now also stuffed my relationship with Lia... Lia!

Hastily, I ran to Lia's place, a good ten kilometres away, and knocked on the door. She answered, a confused look on her face, especially when she heard me panting. "What- hey Mitch, why are you here? Did you run?" I bowed my head, face burning from the run. "I have to tell you something. I'm sorry."

"Sorry? What?"

"Just let me explain Lia." She stepped back and let me into her apartment. I gratefully entered and and leaned on the door frame. "Uh. I'm sorry. I just... I kissed Jerome."

"This is a joke right?"

"Lia. No. Does it look like a joke?" Lia stared, anger suddenly starting to cloud her hazel eyes. "Why?"

"It was a spur of the moment thing, and I was trying to make Jerome feel bett-"

"So you kissed him?!"

"No! I mean yes but no!"

"Yes but no?!"

"I was comforting him and it just happened!... I'm sorry." I turned to walk through the door. "Look, this is forgiveable. I just- I won't forgive it again. It'll take some time." Lia said from behind. I nodded. "Thank you."

When I got home, I stopped for a second. Would this make things awkward between me and Jerome? Maybe. I did just storm out basically.

I knocked on the door for a second and Jerome answered it. "Mitch!"

"Uh. Hi dood."

"Where were you? You just left and..." Jerome trailed off. "I went to tell Lia what had happened." I notified Jerome, who bit his lip. "What happened?"

"She... just said it would take a while to forgive, but we'll work past it. I'm sorry, by the way. I didn't mean to kiss you. It sorta just happened. I hope this won't make things weird." Jerome looked at me and nodded, but he looked a little sad. "Just stop apologising and we can pretend it never happened. It won't change anything." He said, before quietly turning and walking away.

I watched him leave, just as he had done with me, realisation dawning on me. The kiss had changed something, no matter what Jerome said. There was something different about how he acted. Almost like he was disappointed, but I wasn't sure. Maybe it was just the fact that Jerome had no idea why I had done it.

I followed Jerome's tracks and ended up outside his room. The door was partially open, and I peeked inside. Jerome was so quiet, unlike his usual energetic, loud self, and I didn't know what to think. I walked back to my room, and sat down on the bed.

After a while, a small scuffle sounded and I heard Jerome leave his room. Okay. So he was taking a walk now. Or not. Instead, I heard him walk to the bathroom and shut the door quietly, then slam the toilet seat down.

First POV with Mitch! :D vote for more Mitch? Also, I will update maybe every 5 days instead of weekly... I have no excuse for no updating...

So idk. I want to explain why I say 'Shine bright' becuz I can #rebel

Besically, amberstars - amber = stars. Stars shine bright. So yep. No. You are not my Star Army or something. That is TrueMU's thing apparently, and I shall not steal it even though I wanna. So maybe you readers /followers are a part of my Amber army :3 or my potato army. Or my kitten army. I like to have armies. I'm sorry. Lemme quote Augustus Waters. "My thoughts are stars I cannot fathom into constellations." So I have my thoughts all over the place some days.

I want an army name. Please vote for a name if you wanna :3 I like pie.

Amber