Chapter 13

Mitch's POV

"Mitch! Please help! They're killing my booty!" Jerome yelled, and I sighed pityingly, then retorted, "You're in full iron! How, how are you nearly dead?"

"... I did not jump off a building."

"Really?"

"No! I forgot to eat so my regeneration stopped from when I was poisoned!"

"Oh god. Where are you?"

"Uh. I don't know..."

"Then you're on your own!" I said, and blinked sheepishly. Jerome looked at me, hurt, but didn't say anything, which started to worry me.

We wrapped up the livestream, throwing in a few good ol' shameless plugs in, before he stopped me. "What Biggums?" I asked irritably. "Mitch, did I do something wrong?"

"What,"

"Did I?"

"Why would you think that?"

"Because you've been an asshole since we started the livestream," Jerome replied calmly, and I looked at him. "I have?"

"Yes. You've been a pretty big asshole, like you got your ego inflated. What has gotten into you?"

"Nothing." I muttered, before my phone went off and I looked at it, confused. "Ashley wants to Skype."

"Okay. I'll leave the room."

"No, she wants both of us here for some reason." Jerome shrugged his shoulders. "Fine by me." I started the call on my computer, then took a seat, with Jerome taking a seat beside me. "Hey guys," Ashley said quietly, and I instantly knew something was wrong. "What's happened?"

"I realised something."

"What?" Jerome said, and Ashley looked at him witheringly, and he closed his mouth instantly. "You know how I've been in contact with Lia for a while now?"

"Yeah."

"Mitch, is your girlfriend a virgin?"

"What the hell?" I stuttered, but Ashley looked at me, unfazed. "Is Amelia a virgin?"

"Yes. She is. Should you know this?" I asked, and Ashley nodded. "Yeah, I should, and I do."

"Why am I here then?"

"You make for rationality when Mitch yells at me." I looked at her, then something dawned on me. "Oh no."

"Yes Mitch. You see Jerome, I spoke to Lia about this touchy subject, and she asked me about the status of my virginity, and I told her I had lost it. When the question was asked by me, she said she had as well. That struck me as weird, since I know you're the only real boyfrind she's had, but you're a virgin Mitch, careful not to throw it away. That, added with the fact that she was all too eager to get you outta town, means I think she's cheating on you." Ashley finished with a flourish to her voice. I immediately shook my head violently. "No. You're wrong."

"Okay. Fine. Just tell me one thing. Are you as close as you guys used to be?" I closed my eyes, and felt my eyelids fill. "No." I muttered, and Ashley looked at me sadly. "I'm sorry Mitch, but I wanted you to know my guess."

"Why? Why? Was it so you could get your hands on me? Or was it because you just wanted to deflect attention from you and Jerome?"

"What the hell?"

"You know what, I'm outta here. Have fun with your boyfriend, but next time, try tell me about it instead of leaving me outta the loop." I scorned, before running upstairs, into Connor. He seemed shocked to see me, then cocked his head as everything clicked. "Are you okay?"

"Ashley thinks Lia is cheating on me."

"Huh."

"What do you mean huh." Connor didn't answer, just motioned for me to follow, and I trailed him to his room. "Look, I'll put it plainly. Lia is a bitch."

"No, she isn't!"

"Okay, not as much as I make it sound like, but she isn't the best person for you."

"Have you been talking to Ashley?"

"No. But seriously, I'd prefer you were married to Jerome rather than Lia. Jerome is much nicer to me, knows us better, and I know the family would accept him, whereas our parents still aren't so sure about Lia. Just think about it Mitch. Is there anyone who would want you both together, or would everyone rather you being with Jerome, because from my point of view, Lia isn't who you think she is. Maybe she is, but she's too goody good. No one at home has seen a huge mistake from her, not like the ones Jerome does which, although they're bad, people still laugh, and she seems rather self-centered to me."

"Why does everyone hate her?"

"What would she have done to give that idea?" I stopped short. Maybe she had done something, but I didn't know. I just wished people weren't so against her. She was loyal to me, and she definitely wasn't cheating. "I'm going." I stood up abruptly, then stalked out of the room. Jerome was in the hallway, and I avoided him. I'd had enough time with all this. I needed to think. Yet... I'd have to start with an apology to Jerome. It was the least he deserved, as far as I knew.

So I wrote a short, and I actually mean short, story on YouTube's comments section about Merome and Hunger Games a few days ago... Anyone want me to publish it here? <3

Amber