Chapter 8

Mitch's POV

Lia stormed over, looking angry as hell. "What the heck Mitch?! I thought you were done doing this after Jerome! The second I'm gone, you go off and flirt with a girl! Don't even try to deny it! I've seen you two laughing! If you don't like me anymore, just say so and I'll go! Don't keep stringing me on like this..." Lia started yelling, tears now lining her eyes. Ashley looked at me, then Lia, slightly confused. "What is going on?!..."

"Don't play innocent with me hun!"

"Lia. Calm. Down. This is Ashley, Ashley, this is Amelia, or Lia, my slightly pissed off but still beautiful girlfriend who has not seen but has heard much about you." Lia stopped, blushing. "Oh." Ashley smiled and waved it off. "Eh, I wouldn't blame you. But what's this about Jerome?"

"Tell you some other time."

"I'm sorry." Lia muttered, and looked us both squarely in the eyes. I nodded in acceptance, and Ashley waved her hand as if to brush it away. "Well. I feel kinda crap, and I can't really leave you here alone now that I know you're a friend of Mitch, so care to join us?" Lia offered politely, motioning to our table. Ashley looked at her, to me, then shook her head. "No, it's okay. I'd be feeling like I'm intruding. Thanks anyway." I stood up and walked over to Lia. "See you soon." I said in goodbye, and we headed back to the table. "See you soon?"

"Yeah. Jerome invited her to stay with us."

"Oh..."

"Don't worry Lia. I have my eye on only one girl, and she's the one I'm talking to." I muttered into her head. She rolled her eyes, so I kissed her on the lips.

After dinner, I met Ashley and told her I could drive her back after I dropped off Lia.

The girls sat in the back talking, their mouths moving at an amazing speed. "Well! Haha, Mitch got so scared, and it was the smallest little thing! He thought there was a tiger or something!" I blushed at that story, until we arrived at Lia's. She hopped out of the car, waved at both of us, then left.

Ashley hopped into the front seat. "She's really nice but-"

"I agree. So pretty. Kind. I don't know how I got to deserve her."

"Mitch. Do not interrupt me." Ashley rolled her eyes. "Look, she's a cool girl, and I'm betting I can be friends with her, but I don't think she's right for you." I looked at her, shocked. "What?!" I exclaimed. "I said she doesn't seem to be right for you." Ashley repeated calmly. I looked fleetingly at her, then my eyes swiveled back to the road. "What makes you say that?" I asked weakly. Ashley shook her head. "Don't ask. Just... I believe you still owe me an explaination about what went down with Jerome."

"Uhh..."

"Spill."

"I kissed him." I admitted, causing Ashley to squeal so loudly that I almost swerved the car in shock. "What the heck! You sound like a demented fangirl!"

"Oops. Sorry."

"You better be." I grumbled, but I was smiling. "Why did you kiss Jerome?"

"Spur of the moment."

"Or was it?..." Ashley asked, eyes twinkling. I rolled my eyes, and rolled up to the house. "Look. I don't know much, but I do know this. Lia is not the one for you. The one for you is already here, you just haven't seen it." Ashley told me, suddenly serious. I stopped listening. "Mitch. Don't ignore me."

"Then don't bash on my relationship."

"I'm not. I'm purely stating she isn't perfect for you."

"Look it's nice that you care, but stop!" I muttered. Ashley looked hurt, but she shook it off. "Okay." We walked through the door, and Jerome welcomed Ashley in with a laugh. "You failed!" He chided. Ashley looked at him knowingly. "Not as bad as you."

"What?"

"Hi Mitch."

"What did he fail at?" I asked. Ashley suddenly looked a little awkward, but still replied. "Holding on when he had the chance."