Chapter 19

Jerome's POV

I guess I was fine now. Mitch was with me, an actual relationship. He knew about my scars and could deal with them, so why would I mind? What would possibly make me continue to cut? Life was now where I wanted it.

Or was it?

I guess I'd always worry about the fans. Not that they knew, but there was always the idea they'd find out.

Lia.

She'd be the one to watch out for. Our families would never do something destructive to us, especially at the point our channels were at. Over eight million subscribers for both of us. That could drop so fast. Everyone still had very biased views when they wanted to, and I did not want to deal with their bullshit. If some asshole wanted to go on my comments and be a dick, so be it. I knew there'd always be someone to stand up for me, but I really could do without comment sections littered with hate.

I crawled over to Mitch's room. "Merry Christmas..." I whispered. (That would have been so much better on our real Christmas but oh well.) He woke up and yawned. Seeing it was me, he rolled over and grinned at me, then as he snaked a hand and pulled me close, he shoved me off the bed to my surprise, making me fall off. "What was that for? I asked, and Mitch yawned again. "It's early. I'm tired. Go back to bed." He managed to get out, before turning and going back to sleep. I huffed, stood up, then started shaking him. He glanced at me through one eye, then sighed. "I'm never going to get back to sleep, am I?" He asked wearily, and I grinned. "Nope!" He groaned. "Too early Jerome. Why don't you torment someone else?"

"Because no one else will love me if I do." I said, and Mitch laughed. "Who said I love you?"

"Uh. You did?"

"Uh huh. For now." He tacked on the morbid end, and I flicked his forehead. "Don't be so rude Mitch! Get up!" In a last ditch effort, I grabbed his blanket, and pulled. It came free easily.

Now, you have to remember that it's winter. You should also remember that Mitch doesn't know it snowed, but it's made his room chilly. Add the two factors together, plus his now absent blanket, and you'll have what I have now. A cold, shivering Mitch with a murderous look on his face, plainly suggesting an early death for me.

I hastily threw him back his blanket as he glared at me, probably hoping looks could kill, and then resentfully settled back into his bed, and I crawled in carefully. This was the first time I'd gone into a bed with him as his boyfriend, and found myself quite enjoying it as he yawned cutely and wrapped an arm around me, trying to siphon heat off my body. "God, I'd have prefered a loud siren or something. At least my bed would still be warm." He mumbled into his pillow, and I chuckled as he shoved me weakly in the chest. "Damn you Jerome, that was a great dream I was having!" He cursed, and I grinned. "Was I in it?"

"Yeah, but you weren't being a jag and waking me at-"

"Nine, Mitch." I notified him, and he burrowed deeper into his blanket. "No, it can't be. It has got to be like six." I shook my head. "No. Someone just sleeps like a baby."

"Argh. Since when do I wake this early? I slept at ten yesterday!" I opened my mouth to answer, before he stopped me with a kiss. "I don't want to hear it Jerome. I just want to sleep." He warned, and I sighed in defeat. "Okay. Have fun Sleeping Beauty. The prince will be here soon to wake you." He groaned. "No." I smirked then whipped out my phone. "Get up or I'll make Twitter wake you." I warned, and took a picture, then flicked to the Twitter app. "Uh... Mitch." I started uneasily. "Yeah?"

"Since when did we, or I, get over ten thousand notifications, with the main topic about Merome?" I asked. "Since years ago. No day is complete without a Merome tweet. Why?"

"Because my notifications are spammed, and #Merome is now trending." I explained, looking through my Twitter feed, top trends and scrolled down my notifications, but didn't read any. "Wait. What?!" Mitch exclaimed, now fully awake. In our time as YouTubers, we'd managed to get it trending five times, but this unexpected one wasn't normal. "Oh God, these tweets never end!"

"Okay, just check the top tweets under the trend. There has to be something that started this."

"Hokeyp!" I switched to that as Mitch shuffled for his own phone, and then he grimaced as a tear dropped from his eye. "Jerome. I know what started it." He whispered. "I still have the notifications."

"For what?"

"Amelia." No. I should have done that too, but... Lia. She wouldn't have, right?

I immediately switched to her profile, and found the same tweet that had brought Mitch to tears.

Merry Christmas guys! I have a special present for you all! #Merome is real! And yes, it is over between Mitch and I. :(

"How could she?" Mitch asked sadly.

"Well, she did cheat on you, you weren't meant to find out, then you did and ended it, and last I heard, she couldn't keep the last guy."

"Whwre do you hear that?"

"Ashley helps these things." I grinned, but Mitch didn't return it. "I'll get her back for this." Mitch swore, and I saw him furrow his eyebrows. "Either this goes, or she pays."