Chapter 10

Jerome's POV

I shook my hands. Nope. I didn't feel good about going to Amelia's house, but it would be rude to decline the offer now, especially as we were bordering friends. As far as I knew. I didn't really know the status now that she knew we had kissed, but I hoped there weren't hard feelings on my behalf.

I jogged down the stairs to find Mitch and Ashley on the couch comfortably, all signs of leaving now disappeared. "I thought we were going?" I asked. Mitch shook his head. "I texted her to tell her we were coming early, but she said that we couldn't come yet because she was busy, so she'll come over instead."

"Why can't she come?"

"I don't know." Mitch said, looking a little worried. I shrugged. "Okay, well then, should we record some Dragons?" I suggested. Mitch and Ashley agreed, so we got onto the Mineplex and started recording.

I picked the pyrotechnic class, and so did Mitch, while Ashley was a coward. "The cowardly lion." I remarked, and she smiled. "Maybe."

"Oh god, are we reduced to Wizard of Oz references now?"

"Possibly!" I sang to Mitch as the game started. He sighed and we started hopping around the map, trying to avoid the dragons. At some point, it was just Mitch left with me, and we were still both on big, safe areas. Slowly, the area was destroyed, until only small spaces were left. Mitch looked at me, then took a deep breath. "I'm sorry Jerome. Sacrifices have to be made." He sighed, and threw a sparkler at me. "Argh! Mitch! You monster!" I yelled, running as far away from it as I could, while still staying a safe distance from the edge. He chuckled. "I'm still the monster that loves you..." He sang, and I blushed unwillingly. "No! You don't! You don't love me!" I sobbed. He was too preoccupied cheering that he didn't notice the dragon flying towards him.

It hit him into the air and he flew backwards, before dropping at a quick pace. "Damn it!"

"Heh..." I chuckled. I saw his face through Skype, staring at me. "Did you just send that Jerome?"

"Maybe Mitch..."

"Well thanks for watching!" Ashley butted in, and we finished up. "Hey, guys, I'll be back soon." I told them, then ran off to my room, then the bathroom. I couldn't take the stress anymore. I didn't want to see Lia, not while I still loved Mitch.

I looked at the blade in my hand, the dropped my jeans, and looked at the scars on my thighs. I hadn't cut in so long. Nearly a month. I had almost after the kiss, but I managed not to. Until now. The disappointment, stress and pain running through me propelled me.

I didn't even think, I just plunged the blade into my leg, and then took a sharp breath as the pain hit me, and I withdrew my knife. Blocking off the blood, I grabbed my bandage and wrapped it securely around my leg as a precaution, then hid my blade again and went downstairs. "Are you okay Jerome?" Mitch asked, looking at me fearfully. I looked at him, then forced a smile. "I'm fine." I said, trying not to choke or falter. He accepted the weak response, then turned to Ashley. "She's coming." He told her, ignoring the distraught look on my face. I knew it was there, and Ashley did too, because she looked at me pityingly, before I wiped it off before Mitch noticed.

When she got here, I'd already locked myself in my room, starting to regret my decision. I couldn't change it though, so I'd have to live with it. I tried to shake it off, then took a slow course down the stairs.

I was greeted by a surprised look at me, then Lia relaxed and smiled. "Jerome. Long time no see." She said, smiling, but her smile didn't quite match her eyes. Mitch looked at her, then at me anxiously, before forcing himself to relax. He'd obviously known something was going to happen.

We sat in the lounge, with a bottle of wine as you do, and I tried to relax into normal conversation. Which reminded me there was a topic I had to bring up. "Oh yeah, Mitch, remember we were going to take that trip back to our parent's places again? I think we should do it soon." I took a small sip of wine, trying to avoid losing control. I didn't want to be intoxicated, because puking over a toilet bowl wasn't high on my agenda.

Looking out the window, I saw a small flurry of leaves blow by. Autumn was setting in, and going to bring Christmas along as well. This would also be colder than anything.

"When do you guys plan on having this holiday?" Lia asked, suddenly curious. I shrugged. "We booked our tickets for a few weeks later, for about eight days." I replied swiftly, and she looked at me approvingly. "We're just heading off to our families." Mitch interjected immediately, but Lia looked at him soothingly. "It's okay. You don't need to explain, I get it."

"So do I get to tag along?" Ashley asked, and I grinned at her. "Oh yeah. We will just stuff you in a suitcase and carry you around." Mitch said, and Ashley scowled. "Can you get me a glass of water? And maybe some snacks if it's okay? Not to be a bother, just hungry and stuff, you know." Lia asked, and Mitch leapt up. "Yeah, that's fine, I'll do it."

"I'll help!" I yelped, and ran after Mitch. He looked at me weirdly, but I returned the look sheepishly and he sighed. I opened my mouth to speak. "Sorry, I just needed to escape. I don't think Lia likes me anymore."

"Oh, really?"

"Yeah."

"Sorry, that'd be my fault then, due to the kiss." He looked at me sheepishly, and I raised my eyebrow at him. "You're not even going to argue?" He shook his head. "I've know Lia for a long time now. This is something she might do." He looked at me sadly. "I just wish she liked you more, but I guess that's my fault. You're my best friend, and I want her to accept you." He flitted his hurt gaze at me one more time, then dropped his voice. "I love her, but if I had to pick between you two, I don't think I could." He took a deep breath. "I want you in my life Jerome, so don't let it worry you. I won't let you go anywhere, not for a long time."

Thanks for 1k reads! You guys rock!

I was also told there isn't enough drama? Well, in that case, it will get somewhat dramatic pretty soonerish, to the degree where it'll be over the course of 2-3 chapters I think ^_^

Amber