Chapter 7

Mitch's POV

"Hey Lia, wanna come out to dinner tonight?"

"Sure. Where you wanna go?"

"Eh. Let's just go get some McDonalds."

"Mitch. What is it with you and McDonalds?" I laughed over the phone and we sorted the details, agreeing not to go to fast food. This would be our first date after the kiss with Jerome, who, by the way, sat nearby, a dull glaze over his eyes, obviously bored. I hung up after a quick goodbye and went and sat next to Jerome. He barely reacted, so I went ahead and waved a hand in front of his face. He jolted all of a sudden, and I laughed. "Dood. Not cool." He muttered. I rolled my eyes teasingly. "Hey bud. You alright?"

"Yeah. Just daydreaming."

"Oh ok. That's cool dood." Jerome looked at me, questioning me quietly, but behind the unanswerable things in his eyes was veiled pain and grief. "I'm going to the shops now, you want anything?" Jerome just grunted, then froze. "I want sushi..." I nodded, the grabbed my wallet and keys. Just before I left, I turned to see Jerome with his head buried in his hands.

(Time skip)

I wandered around the aisles, looking for all the ingredients. We needed some fresh fruit and pasta, not to mention steak. Jerome had written up a grocery list a few days ago, and I had to follow it up, with the added promise of sushi. My eyes scanned the list again. "Seriously Jerome?!" He was cooking dinner tomorrow, and his list had some ingredients on it that we didn't always use. "This could be bad if he decides experimenting with odd flavours is a good idea." I muttered, rolling my eyes. Venison. Check. Stock. Check. Potatoes. Check. Sushi. Have to go afterwards. "The things I do for this boy..." I shook my head and continued shopping.

(Another time skip)

Lia opened the door to me. Her normally light brown hair was straightened, the waves flattened out, making the blue tips longer. She caught my eye and laughed. "You know, if you don't like blue, I can always go blonde." She teased, and I raised my eyebrow warningly, then relaxed. "I prefer green." I said, smiling, and she rolled her eyes. "Maybe I should start to feed you cabbage then, Mr Green."

"Hey. It's Mr Hughes, thank you very much."

"Uh huh. That's what you think." She muttered, causing me to scowl at her in response. She took my arm and we walked to my car, and slowly, we drove off to the restaurant.

When we got there, I immediately did a double-take. There was a girl there, and she looked like Ashley. Maybe it was her? I didn't know. She didn't turn her head, and I chewed the inside of my mouth, trying to decide whether to take the risk and see if it was her. "Anything wrong Mitch?" Lia asked. I looked at her, and saw worry dab her eyes. "Uh, no, nothing." I hastily replied, but she looked unconvinced. "Okay. Whatever." She stalked off to the table, and I immediately ran after her, now completely knocked out of my stupor. "So what's new in the Bajanverse?"

"Well. Do you wanna hear about Minecraft?"

"Sure. Hit me with your best shot."

"Started a new modded series today with Jerome, and Rob said he might drag Mat and Preston along for a visit." She nodded, then squinted in thought. "Preston is the guy from Texas right?" I nodded. "I don't think we've met."

"Really?!"

"I didn't go to any of the conventions, you gotta remember that." Our conversation broke as the waiter came over and started taking our orders.

A few minutes after, I turned my head in the direction of the person who looked like Ashley again, and yep, there was Ashley in the flesh. I smiled at her, then shifted my focus back to Lia, who was telling me about her day at work. "Excuse me Mitch, I'm going to go to the bathroom." I nodded, then motioned that I would get up as well.

I walked over to Ashley, who immediately leapt up. "Hey Mitch. I didn't think you would talk to me. Way to make me feel alone!" She giggled, and enveloped me in a friendly embrace, and I returned it. "Hey! Wha- I don't get it! Why are you here!?"

"Well, I decided to come to the US for a short break, and Jerome said I could come here. He said this was a good restaurant, and so I was planning on eating then surprising you at home, but I see that won't happen anymore!"

"Huh. Where is your stuff?!"

"I dropped it off at your place." I nodded, having at down in a seat opposite Ashley. In no time, we were chatting casually, and laughing in a wild manner. Oops. I had forgotten about Lia.

Oops. He forgot about Lia. This cannot be good. Or can it? *looks evil* vote for the lolz?

THIS IS UPLOADED KINDA EARLY, BECAUSE I AM IN HYPER MODE. JEROME TAGGED ME IN A TWEET AND I AM NOW KINDA JUST GOING TO FANGIRL IN A CORNER AND FEEL SO, SO PRIVILEGED AND HONOURED.

Shine bright!

Amber