T H I R T Y- E I G H T

Warning; I did not proofread. Comment if there are any mistakes.
⚠️Also, sensitive topics will be spoken about; like suicide etc.

ISABELLA

After saying those words, I saw a surprise expression form on Luke's face.

I opened my bedroom door wider, allowing him to enter my room. With a smile and a nod, he entered.

"So?" I awkwardly begin the conversation.

"You're probably going to have to sit down for this" he says sitting down on one of my couches next to my bed.

I follow his steps and sit in the bed, facing him. With my eyebrows furrowed, I waited for his lies to begin.

"Let me just start with the day it all happened" he says taking a deep breath.

"I know what Zach told you. Like I've said before, he says that to everyone and it's not true. The day it all happened, I remember Ben, some other guys and I were planning to go to Zach's beach house. We were all celebrating New Years and the party was going to be in the night so meanwhile Zach had said earlier that his sister, Corbyn and Christina were going to go to Disneyland" he smiles after the last sentence.

"Reece, she had always wanted to go to Disneyland. It was her dream. Her favorite princess was rapunzel" then his face turns serious.

"I remembered that that day in the afternoon, m-my sister had committed suicide" he closed his eyes, taking another deep breathe.

His sister?

"S-She what?" I asked him confused. Why was this never mentioned before?

Was this why he was like that?

"Yeah, on New Year's Eve my sister committed suicide. B-Bella it was all his fault"

Who's fault?

"Who?" I asked.

"Zach's. He had been dating my sister for a few months. They liked each other ever since middle school. During their relationship, Zach was very demanding and abusive with her. He wanted everything to be done the way he said and if it didn't, it wouldn't be good"

Zach dated his sister? How come he didn't tell me this before?

"The day she committed suicide, she left a note. A note where it explained that Zach had raped her months before, leaving her pregnant. I don't know why she didn't tell me before. I could've done something. S-She was pregnant Bella. And not only that. Weeks before my sisters death, my parents died in a car crash. A crash that Zach had caused"

Raped? What kind of lie was that? Zach couldn't have. I know him.

"Why are you blaming him in everything. You don't even know–" I begin to defend Zach but Luke interrupts me.

"I do know! He caused my parents accident. The day my parents died, they were both called from an unknown number saying that my sister was going to be killed if they didn't give half a million dollars to the kidnappers. They got so scared and contacted their boss which was Zach's dad. His parents and mine were best friends. Anyways, when they called Mr. Herron, he told them that unfortunately the Herron company wasn't in good conditions so they couldn't help them" he says, a tear falling down his eye.