F O R T Y- F I V E

Warning; I did not proofread

ISABELLA

"Wait, Zach," I jogged behind him, but his pace only picked up. "Let me explain, i-it wasn't like that."

I heard him scoff as he presses the button, calling the elevator to our floor.

"Just give me 2 minutes and I'll explain everything–" I begin but he cuts me off.

"I don't need you to explain anything. What I saw made things clear enough."

"But we weren't–"

"I don't care!" He yelled at me, entering the elevator.

I tried getting on with him but he immediately pressed the closed button, closing the elevator doors without allowing me to even step in.

Another tear rolls down but I knew that Zach closing the elevator doors on me wouldn't stop me. I took a deep breathe and jogged down the emergency exit stair case. And thankfully, I got to the lobby before Zach's elevator could.

Although we were on the eight floor, I knew the elevator would make many stops, allowing me to catch on.

Just as I was about to call the elevator in order to make Zach's elevator come faster, the doors opened.

Zach's bloodshot eyes quickly met mine. He right away looked down and rolled his eyes before striding towards the exit of my apartment building.

He needed to understand that it wasn't what he thought it was. He was right. What he saw would make anyone believe that. But why would he ever believe that from me?

I picked up my pace and ran faster. When he was centimeters away, I reached to grab his hand but he immediately jerked it away.

"What part of I don't want to fucking see you don't you understand?" He turns to face me with a cold glare which broke me.

Never has he ever held such coldness in his eyes. Never. Not even when he was suppose to consider me his enemy.

But what broke me more was that the tears were still falling down his cheek. Exactly like they were on mine.

"Za–"

"What part don't you understand?" He repeated. His eyes now looking everywhere but my eyes. I know he hated crying in front of people.

For that reason, when we went to Malibu and he opened up to me about his little sister and even cried in front of me, I was happy that he trusted me but now...now I'm one of those people he's ashamed to cry in front of.

"Look, just stay away from me, okay?" His eyes finally met mine, "Now you can go back to your apartment with Luke and finish whatever was going on without any interruptions."

When those words left his mouth, he turned around and walked towards the valet parking where one of the workers was waiting for him with an Uber.

I didn't even bother chasing after him anymore. Yes, I wanted to. But he wasn't going to bother listening.

Why would he?

If anything, he would throw even more hateful words towards me. I know I deserve to hear them but I couldn't even bare the distance and hate that his eyes held when he looked at me.

But I don't blame him.

He came home to surprise me but what does he find? His girlfriend–ex girlfriend in a robe and his worst enemy in her apartment. Alone.