T H I R T Y- N I N E

Warning; I didn't proofread.
👏🏼thanks for 177k reads, you guys are all so amazing. Enjoy ;)

ISABELLA

I stare into his eyes for awhile. His eyes don't leave mine until I have to do it. Looking down, I cough to interrupt the awkwardness.

"I can ex–" I begin explaining myself but Zach's raspy voice stopped me from doing so.

"You don't have to explain anything Bella, I trust you" he says smiling, walking his way towards me.

I felt a huge rush of guilt hit me. I should tell him. It's better than keeping it away from him but somehow I can't bring myself to do so.

Tell him!

No. I'll just tell him when things around calm down. If I tell him now, I'll only make things worse.

My thoughts get interrupted when Zach wraps his arms around me and pulls me for a hug.

"How do you manage to look so beautiful all the time?" He mumbles into my hair, suddenly moving his hands to my side. He suddenly lifts my shirt up and starts tickling me, making me bursts into laughter.

"S-Stop it Z-Zach" I tried saying but the tickling didn't allow me.

He watched as I struggled to push him away and laughed with me. He pulled away and pushing us to the bed, with me in top of him.

"You feeling better?" He asked while he gently grabbed my chin with his hands, making me look at him.

"Yeah" I nodded.

"Want to watch Riverdale with me?" I asked him. He made a 'let me think about it' expression and raised an eyebrow, "and cuddle" I continued.

A smirk formed on his lips and he nodded. I knew it. Zach could never say no to cuddling.

"I'll go make the popcorn" he offered, I nodded before he wrapped his arms around my waist, lifting me off of him. Then, he slowly placed me back on the bed and walked out of my room.

•••

ZACH

I made my way down the hallway and towards the staircase. Going down the staircase, I went down the steps and turned right when I reached the bottom which was the kitchen.

I quietly opened the kitchen glass doors since it was late at night. I opened the pantry door and grabbed the box with the popcorn in it.

Then walked towards the microwave, placed the bag inside and put the timing on for a few minutes, longer than what's required.

What? It's not my fault that there is always popcorn at the bottom of the bag that didn't pop.

As I waited, I went on my phone and started scrolling through my emails. I had many notifications reminding me of the upcoming meeting my parents had signed us up to.

Pressure came on the same pack of being the only Herron son.

We sure had a lot of meetings planned for next week.