Part 11

Graduation day

I woke up and watched Romero sleeping, today's going to be a busy day, not only is he and Quinn graduating today, Felix and I are giving them a surprise graduation party, and I'm going to ask Romero to marry me. I've changed so much, who would have thought me Xavier Thomas would be asking another man to marry me, but I know who I am, and I'm not afraid of my father anymore. I smiled at my baby ,as he's sleeping he woke up and looked at me, he asked why was I looking at him like that.

I told him I'm looking at him because I see him, he said he sees me too ,I told him know I really see him, he looked at me oddly and said okay. I told him back when we were just doing crazy things together, I never saw us the way I see us now. But now I can look in his eyes, and see him clearly now, I never realized how much I missed out on his love, he said well I  know now, and he loves me so much. I told him I love him more and more each day, and its like he's someone I just met its all fresh. I told Romero I feel his love when I'm inside of him, before it was just getting a nut, now I feel his love and his heart beat and we are one. And I feel him when he's inside of me, with our hearts touching as one heart beat, Rom said that's how he fell in love with me when we were kids, and his love has grown stronger each day we're together.

I got out of bed and walked to my dresser, and got the ring, and I got on one knee, Rom asked me what am I doing, I said asking Romero Taylor to marry me.  

X you already asked me and I said yes.

I know but I wanted to do it right so will you marry me Romero Taylor. My baby cried and said yes, he's wanted this since we were kids and now his dream has come true, I said this is no dream its real. He pulled me to the bed and kissed me, and my bae said this is the happiest day of his life, he didn't think I would want him after what Pete did to him, I told him that's the past and now we move on to our future as a happy couple, no man or father or anyone else can hurt us ever again.

I told Romero, as of today I promise to protect him, and love him and care for him, and when he hurts I'll take the pain away. He said I already did, and much more by wanting him and this is why he loves me, I took him by the hand and we walked in the bathroom, and took a shower together.

After we finished showering, and got dressed we went downstairs and had breakfast I cooked, Romero said he was the man of this house, I said we both are remember we are as one, he kissed me and said yes bae. His mom called and he told her the news, I hope she doesn't act an ass like my father does about our sexuality. Romero put her on speaker so I could hear what she had to say, Romero told her he knows she never wanted this lifestyle for him, but he's happy and I make him happy, and he can still give her a grandchild. He said he would like her blessing, she said its true she didn't want this for him, but deep down she always knew, and as long as he's happy is all that counts, and we have her blessing. 

But! When she said but  Romero and I looked at each other, she said but no wedding gowns or anything too crazy, we both laughed and Romero said there's no bride just two men who love each other.

She asked who asked whom to marry them, I said I asked Romero, Mrs. Taylor said damn she'll have to pay for the wedding, I told her don't worry about that I got this, she said no she's giving Romero away and she'll handle it. She didn't get a chance to do it for Pat, she ran off and just got married ,and we all know how that marriage turned out. I told her that won't be us, and I want our wedding day to be special and Romero can have whatever he wants, she said and he'll have it.

Mrs. Taylor said she knows a Mr. Darnell he did her garden party last month, he's a nut but he's good, Romero and I looked at each other, but we didn't tell her we knew him. We both told her thanks for supporting us, I don't have anyone and this means a lot to me, she said my dad was still acting an ass ,I told her as usual. She said just be happy, she had a lot to do before the graduation and she'll see us there and she loves both of us, we said we love her too and hung up. 

Romero hugged me and said he was glad his mom was on board with us, I said me too like I said I don't have anyone, Romero said I do now him and his family and I have a lot of good friends so fuck Jackson Thomas. I kissed him and said he's right and we want people around us who support us, and just positive people there on our special day.

After we finished eating, we put the dishes in the dishwasher, Romero said we have to get some help around here this house is too much work for us, I said okay Monday he can call an agency and hire someone. I told him but for now I have something else special for him, I took him upstairs and Rom said we can't have sex now he has to get dressed for his graduation. I told him I know that, we got to our room and I went in the closet and came back with the suit Rom was looking at last week, he said oh shit the suit, I said yes I want him to be looking good on his other special day, he kissed me and put the suit on.

I told Rom he is looking good in that suit, I told him I'll meet him downstairs I'll lock up the house, he said okay I went downstairs and called Dink he said as soon as we leave he'll be there and tell his people what to do, but he couldn't stay he was going to the graduation to see Quinn graduate too. I told him I didn't care who sets things up, as long as its done when we get home, he said don't worry about it. 

I hung up and Rom came down the stairs, and asked me who was I talking too, I said just Felix he said oh. We walked out the door and Rom asked me where's his car, I told him I put it in the back, we're riding in my car, I can't have him looking good and riding in that thing, Rom said his car has been acting up he's going to need a new one soon. I told him don't worry about that right now, lets just get him to the graduation and we left, I brought my baby a new Audi for a graduation gift, and I did things to his car so it wouldn't start.

We got to the campus and Rom kissed me, and joined his class I sat with his mom and his sister Pat and his nephew Carlos Tate. I saw Dink sitting with Quinn's family, I thought he would be at my house setting things up ,he turned around and gave me the thumbs up. They had a guest speaker and than they started calling out the graduates names we cheered for all of them, and when Romero's name was called you'd think it was a hundred people here for him the way we cheered.

After all was said and done we went to my house, and Dink did the damn thing, everything was done in the school colors orange and blue. Felix and I told Quinn's dads what we were doing so they didn't plan anything for him, but they were sending Quinn, Romero and Romeo on a trip they're paying for. 

We ate and laughed and just had fun, I took everyone out back and gave Romero his gift, he jumped up and down and said this is what he always wanted. He said he'll have his old car fixed and give it to Tate, I told him I kinda did something to it so it wouldn't start, so I could buy him his dream car, he said he loves me so much. Felix was the only one who noticed the ring on Romero's finger ,he said its about time and everyone congratulated us.

Romero said this is the happiest day of his life, he finished college got a new car and is engaged to the most wonderful man in the world. I felt so happy for Romero, he didn't let what I or Pete did stop him, that's the man I love. I'm so proud of Romero. 

Later we went to be and I woke up and heard Rom talking in his sleep he said either vroom or broom maybe he's dreaming about his car. I laid down and went back to sleep.