Not the Kiss

Chapter Thirteen

Not the Kiss

---

Harry's POV

"I dare you to kiss Harry."

My heart was beating fast.

I couldn't breathe.

I was frozen in place.

I couldn't bare to look at Allie.

I looked at Niall ahead of me. I shook my head.

"No." It was like that little word was most hardest word in the world. My heart shattered into millions of pieces. I regretted saying that. But I had to. I hate that I can't just be causal about kissing her. I mean Zayn was. And he knows I like her.

I look at Allie and she wasn't looking at me. She was looking at the fire in front of her. The light from the flames made me realise that a tear slipped from her eye.

There's another million pieces shattering from my heart.

"I'm going to head of to bed." Without another word she ran off. Not to her tent. Not to the others. In the forest.

"Nice going Harry." I turned to Louis. "Don't you like her?"

"Harry. That was the perfect chance to kiss her! Isn't that what you want? To kiss her one last time?" It was. It damn was what I wanted but I couldn't.

"Not like this. Not when it's a dare. I can't kiss her knowing her feelings aren't genuine towards me." I sigh rubbing my head in my hands. "I'll figure It out guys. I promise. Just let me handle it." I stood up and walked away.

I didn't walk towards Allie or the campsite. I walked along the lake.

I missed my chance to kiss her.

To be able to kiss her freely.

Be able hold her in my arms.

To tell people she's my girlfriend.

Be the reason she smiles.

To sing to her.

Being able to think about her and smile.

To tell her I love you over and over again until she says it back.

To hear the words "I love you too."

To call her mine.

I miss all those opportunities to have if I'd just maned up and kissed her.

***

Allie's POV

"No." That one word made my heart dropped. I can't believe he said that. I guess I was too late to actually tell him I liked him back.

A tear slipped. I was too late. It's all over now. I can't do this anymore. He doesn't like me back.

What's the point in holding on? Just let go.

"I'm going to head of to bed." I got up and ran. Not to my tent but in the forest. I ran as far and my legs could take me.

I slowed down and fell to my knees. I covered my face with my hands and cried.

I wanted to kiss him.

I wanted to be able to actually like the kiss.

To not wipe his touch away.

To be able to get lost in his touch.

I want to look up at his emerald eyes after I kiss him.

To be the reason his dimples show when he smiles.