Chapter Four

Bryan sits on the floor, legs crossed under him smiling at her. "Well, I'm from California, Im 29, and I'm a Leo. I own my own business, to which I used this service to produce an heir for. A son who can carry on the legacy of TECH CO." He says proudly. His nose slightly in the air.

She nodded. "What if it's a girl? Will you not want her?" Charlotte asks, worry filling her eyes.

"Well.. I haven't really thought of that... I suppose that if it is a girl, and she is interested in the company then she will be the heiress of my fortune." Bryan says reassuringly. "I've had my heart set on having a boy, but a precious little girl would be nice too. Someone to spoil, give them my undivided attention."

Charlotte gives him a loving smile before asking. "Have you ever been married?"

Sadness took over Bryans face. "No, I have very high standards for a wife, and while I  dated around in high school and college, no one ever met those standards." He looks at the floor before peeking up at charlotte her head resting on the side of the tub. "I want a woman who keeps a good house, who is an amazing cook, she has to love children. It's not like she won't have help around the house from not only myself but I do have a maid that comes three days a week, however I wouldn't want her to work. I'd want her to spend as much time with our children as possible." Bryan says sadly as he looks at the floor again.

"Was your mother not around?" Charlotte asks bluntly.

A small nod is all Bryan can do, his eyes glued to the floor. He was allowing for charlotte to see a weakness. Bryan's mother, Marie was an alcoholic, leaving his older brother to take care of him. Richard, Bryan's father wanted nothing to do with him. He only wanted to spend time with his brother Ryan. At times, Richard would take Ryan to do things, leaving Bryan to fend for himself. That's how he got the scar going from his wrist up to his elbow.  Charlotte had a similar life, her father wasn't around until she was four, and by then he had a new wife as well as another child. Her stepmother Laurie,  was lazy, careless. Her father Allen, could care less if she was there, all he cared about was his son. Who Charlotte was raising. Charlotte sympathised with Bryan, she understood the pain behind his words.

Breaking the silence, Charlotte speaks. "Bryan, would you like to join me?"