Chapter Five

Bryan slowly looks up, making eye contact with Charlotte. "Yes, I would love to join you." He says gently, his eyes showing his need for affection.

Standing up, Bryan slowly strips down. Confident, yet also shy and nervous at the same time. Once naked he looks at Charlotte again, gently stepping into the tub beside her. He slides down, submerging his body into the soap filled water. She gives him a reassuring smile, before moving closer, resting her head on Bryan's shoulder. "What is your favorite thing to do?" He asks, stroking her hair, tucking a lock behind her ear.

"Well... since I've come here there isn't much to do. We aren't allowed to do anything when a breeder isn't coming to look." Charlotte says embarrassed. "Before I came here, I loved reading, cooking, and singing."

Bryan gives a small smile. "Yeah? You like to cook? What's your favorite thing?" He asks pulling her closer, allowing her hand to rest on his chest. Charlottes Head now nestled into his neck.

"Anything with pasta is my favorite. I love tortellini and ravioli." She says smiling. "Back home, we'd go to Olive Garden for every birthday or occasion." Her eyes widen as she realizes what she's said.

Bryan raises his brow. "Back home? Where exactly is home for you Charlotte?" He asks questioningly. "Why're you here and not there?"

Charlotte looks afraid, opening her mouth before closing it again. She brings mouth to her ear. "I-I can't tell you... N-Not here." She stutters out.

Bryan's heart sinks as he looks at the fear in her eyes. He takes her face in his hands before whispering. "I can try to get you home..." his eyes showing compassion.

She gives a squeeze on his arm before a mental light bulb goes off. Charlotte leans from the tub, grabbing his phone. "Unlock." She says softly.

He punches in his passcode looking confused. Charlotte starts typing away frantically. Before pulling up an internet article. "Georgia student and beauty queen goes missing abroad." Is the headline. Once opening the page, she shows it to Bryan. "Ocilla High school senior goes missing on a trip to Romania. The students were out buying souvenirs in a local market when 18 year old Charlotte Martin went missing. Her family has spent thousands of dollars trying to find their child to bring her home, even going as far to selling their 100 acre farm." A photo of the missing flyer is shown on screen. A photo of Charlotte in "street clothes" as well as a photo of her in a pageant dress, with hair done up, and makeup on. "In the six months that Charlotte has been missing, over 10,000 fliers have gone out. If you, or someone has seen this young lady, please contact the GBI. (Georgia bureau of investigation.)

Tears fill Bryan's eyes as he moves the phone away from both of them. He had heard about Charlotte's disappearance, he figured she'd be another Natalie Holloway, an American girl that went missing that no one truly would search for, but would publicly mourn her. Bryan held her tight, not wanting to let her go. "I want to buy you to bring you home." He whispers in her ear, her arms clinging to him for dear life.

Charlotte overcome with mixed emotions starts to sob. His hands come to her face, wiping her tears before planting a gentle kiss on her forehead. They sit, entangled in one another's arms for nearly an hour before Charlotte had fallen asleep on Bryan's chest, exhausted from crying. He leans forward, holding her close as he pulls the plug on the tub, allowing the freezing water to exit the tub. Once it's empty, Bryan stands, holding Charlotte to his chest wrapping a towel around her as much as he could. Taking her to the bedroom, he gently rests her on the bed as he dries her off before putting his shirt and a pair of boxers on her. By this time she was half awake, whimpering softly.

"Bryan, lay with me." She says, extending her arms to him.

A smile spreads across Bryan's mouth as he wraps his large arms around her, relaxing in the bed with her. "I'll protect you Charlotte." He whispers, kissing her forehead.