12.

LUNA SAT ON THE couch in the Cullen house, listening to them talk about someone being in Bella's room when the two girls weren't there, leaving Charlie in the house alone

"Someone's orchestrating this." Carlisle whispered.

Bella glanced up, "Victoria?"

"I would have seen her decide." Alice said.

"It has to be the Volturi." Edward said.

Alice shook her head, "I don't think it's the Voltuir either. I've been watching Aro's decisions, too."

"So we keep looking." Emmett said, "I want them to touch Luna."

Carlisle nodded, "We'll also take shifts guarding Bella, and Luna, at her house."

"I don't need you to watch me." Luna shook her head.

"Luna,"

"No." Luna cut Edward off, "I stay at Sam's more anyway."

Rosalie glanced to her father, "Are we really doing another protection detail?"

"She's right." Bella said, "You can't protect us, watch Charlie, and search for the intruder."

"And for Victoria." Rosalie said.

"And keep yourselves feed." Luna mumbled, rubbing her temple.

Edward clenched his jaw, "I'm not leaving you here defensless."

"I'm sure as hell not leaving Luna on her own." Emmett said. "I want them to touch my daughter."

"You're not my dad." Luna gave him a look.

"Well, I'm not gonna let you starve." Bella told her boyfriend. "And we wouldn't be unprotected. We have.."

XXX

"Whoever it was, he left his stink behind." Jacob said, walking out of the house with Embry behind him. "We won't miss it if he crosses again. We can't handle it from here."

"We don't need help handling anything. Or anyone." Edward said and Luna rolled her eyes, wrapping her arms around Embry and laying her head on his chest.

"Can we just go to Sam's?" She mumbled against his chest.

"Yeah, baby." Embry kissed the top of her head. "Come on."

XXX

Luna hadn't seen Embry in a few days because he was busy with patrol and switching with the Cullen's. But right now, the two sat next to Leah on a log, Embry sitting between her legs.

"Your sisters here." Leah mumbled, looking over her shoulder.

"Oh well." Luna mumbled back, laying her head on Leah's shoulder.

The two girl were close, especially after helping the Clearwater Siblings after their dad died.

Bella and Jacob sat across from the two girls and Embry, the older Swan giving her sister a small smile but Luna wasn't paying attention.

Billy cleared his throat. "The Quileutes have been a small tribe from the beginning. But we have always had magi in our blood. We were great spirit warriors, shape-shifters that transformed to the powerful wolf. This enabled us to scare off our enemies and protect our tribe. One day, our warriors came across a creature. It looked like a man but it was hard like stone and cold as ice."

"Our warriors sharp teeth finally tore it apart, but only fire would completely destroy it. They lived in fear that the cold man was not alone. And they were right. She took her vengeance out on the village. Our elder chief, Taha Aki, was the only spirit warrior left to save the tribe after his son was killed."

"Taha Aki's third wife could see that he would lose. The third wife was no magical being, with no special powers but one - courage. The third wife's sacrifice distracted the cold woman long enough for Taha Aki to destroy her. She saved the tribe. Over time, our enemies have disappeared, but one remains. The cold ones. Our magic awakens when they're near, and we sense it now. We feel the threat in our blood. Something terrible is coming and we must all be ready. All of us."

XXX

Embry and Luna laid in his bed, switching up where they stayed. His mom wasn't home, having a girls night with some of her friends.

Luna laid on top of her boyfriend, his fingers tracing her spine.

"I love you."

Luna moved her head to look at him with a smile, "I love you, too."

Embry's eyes pierced into her's before he lifted his head to attach their lips together. The brunette was quick to return the kiss as his fingers tangles up in her hair.

He rolled over, pressing her body against the mattress of his bed, trailing kisses down her neck.

"Em." Luna moaned out, tugging on the roots of his hair.

His fingers traced up her sides, pulling the shirt covering her body up and over her head. Embry went back to kissing her and trailed open, wet, kissed down her neck, between her chest and down her stomach.

Her breathed hitched in the back of her throat as he finally kissed his way back up. Her hands moved down to the button of her shorts, but Embry's hands stopped her.

"Wait, Luna." He paused, "I don't wanna do anything you aren't comfortable with."

"I want this." She grabbed the sides of his face, "I want you, all of you."

Embry searched her eyes for a moment, looking for any sign of lying to him and when he didn't find any, he kissed her once more.

846 words