Chapter 8

Rose's POV

Yesterday was better than I expected. But somehow, I still can't get this heavy feeling off my chest. I wanted to tell her so badly, but my tongue just kind of rolled back.

You're such a pussy, Chaeng.

I was sitting alone at the cafeteria when Jisoo arrived and sat beside me.

"Hey Chaeng, 'sup?"

"Nothing."

"Really? You look like you were thinking about some deep shit. What happened yesterday?"

"I told her I'm gay." I said flatly.

"What did she say?" Jisoo leaned in closer.

"She said it didn't matter and that she's still my best friend."

"That's great, Chaeng! Then why the sad face?"

"I lied to her. She asked me how I knew I was gay and I told her it was because I like you."

"What!?" Jisoo almost choked on her chicken. "Why did you say that?"

"Because I wasn't ready to tell her how I feel. So I made up some bullshit story instead."

"You know what? It's fine, Chaeng. You still made progress. To be honest with you, when I met Lisa, I didn't really think she was straight."

"What made you think so?"

"I dunno. Just her vibes."

"Well, she's straight."

"Do you know that for sure?" She said, smiling.

"Well, she never mentioned anything to me..."

"You never mentioned anything to her, as well, until yesterday... And you're gay as fuck."

"What are trying to get at?" I asked.

"Well, I've got an idea." Then she smirked.

Oh, boy. Here comes Jisoo again with her crazy ideas.

"You told her that you like me, right? How about we make her jealous by pretending to be girlfriends?"

"And what good would that do?"

"Chaeng, c'mon. Use those last two brain cells you have. If she gets jealous, that probably means A. She's gay. B. She likes you back."

"That's crazy!"

"I know, but that's the only way you'll find out if she's really straight. Unless you wanna just ask her straight up."

Jisoo may be fucking crazy, but she's got a point.

"Okay. But how will we do that?"

"It's her birthday next week, right?"

"Yeah, March 27th."

"Well, she invited me. I'm thinking we should show up as a couple."

"Oh my god." I started laughing. Then she started laughing with me, too.

"No, but seriously. We should do that." Jisoo said.

"How do we even do that? I can't act."

"Just be casual. You're not gonna be acting in a movie. Just trust me, okay?" She said with her two thumbs up.