Chapter 29

Lisa's POV

The man who called himself G-Dragon cleared his throat and spoke, "This gentleman and I work for a secret organization that protects the equilibrium of the multiverse. Our system has detected an anomaly that shows two identities have been duplicated in one universe which led us to the two of you."

"The two of you don't belong in this world. We would like to know how you got here," said T.O.P.

"We don't really know how this all happened. We are confused, too," I said.

"This is a very rare occurrence which can only be done with the help of a witch," said T.O.P.

"A very powerful one," added G-Dragon. "One who is powerful enough to connect one universe to another."

"The last time such thing has happened was centuries ago. This is very alarming to us," said T.O.P.

"Can you tell us information on how you might have come in contact with a witch?" asked G-Dragon.

Rose and I looked at each other.

"Well... All these strange things started happening when we met this one girl," I said.

"She was a transfer student from New Zealand. We had a few classes together," said Rose.

"Who is this girl?" asked G-Dragon.

"Jennie Kim," both Rose and I said.

Both men looked at each other as if they just confirmed a suspicion.

"Can you tell us more about this Jennie Kim? Where can we find her?" asked T.O.P.

"Well, we don't know much about her because she's new here. But... I do know that she works at this ice cream store," I said.

"I need you to take us to this ice cream store," said G-Dragon.

"Wh-what are you gonna do with Jennie?" I asked nervously.

"We just need to talk to her," said T.O.P.

I told them the way to the store where Jennie works and we finally arrived 20 minutes later.

G-Dragon and T.O.P. immediately entered the store. Rose and I followed.

"Hi, Jennie Kim. I am G-Dragon and this is my partner, T.O.P. I am hoping that we can talk."

"Hi, I'm sorry but I'm actually on duty right now. I'm afraid I can't help you unless you're here to order ice cream," said Jennie nonchalantly.

"Look, girly," said T.O.P. "We know what you are. We know you're a witch. Why don't you just come with us and skip this whole thing, huh?"

Jennie just ignored what he said.

"Okay, seems like you want to do this the hard way," said T.O.P. He held up his gun and said, "Come with us or I will have to shoot you!"

Jennie ran away and T.O.P. fired a shot at her, missing only a few inches. The people inside the shop started panicking and scrammed out of the door.

Both men chased after Jennie at the back alley. They were able to catch her and they grabbed both her hands.

G-Dragon grabbed her hair and said to her, "You filthy witch, tapping into dark energy and causing a huge disruption to the balance of the multiverse! Do you understand what you've done? Why did you do it!?"

"I do it... because I can. Let me go, fools!" said Jennie.

"We cannot simply let you play god anymore," said T.O.P.

Before they could do anything, Jennie broke free and ran away. The men fired multiple shots at her and Jennie fell to the ground with her blood splattered all around.

"Well then, I guess there's only one thing left to do," said G-Dragon. They both turned to Rose and I.

"We're really sorry girls, but we have to eliminate you both. We can't have duplicated identities existing in the same universe," said T.O.P.

"But-but can't you just send us back to the universe where we came from?" asked Rose.

"I'm afraid we can't do that. Both of you have already died and it should have remained that way," said G-Dragon. He pointed his gun towards us and said, "Any last words?"

I turned to Chaeng and said, "Rosie, I'm so sorry I dragged you into this mess. I'm so so sorry. If we die right now, I just want you to know that I love you so much and that you're the best thing that ever happened in my life."

Then I gave her one final kiss.

"Enough of this!" said T.O.P. As he was about to fire his gun, huge insects suddenly started crawling on the bodies of both men.

"What the hell is this!?" said G-Dragon.

"Get this shit off me!!!" said T.O.P. as he frantically tried to brush off the insects.

Suddenly, Jennie appeared from behind them with blood on her nose. "You're wrong if you thought you could get rid of me easily," she said.

Both of them stared at her like they have seen a ghost. Then insects started coming out of their mouths, ears, and eye sockets. A few moments later, G-Dragon and T.O.P. were both laying dead on the ground.

Then Jennie turned to us.

"Please don't hurt us," said Rose. "We're so sorry!"

Jennie looked around and said, "You two have caused too much trouble in this world already. I think it's time for you to go home."

Before we could say anything, she grabbed G-Dragon's gun and shot both Rose and I.