Chapter 20

Lisa's POV

I've tried looking her up on social media, but there is just nothing. All I have is this address sent by Tzuyu.

How the fuck am I gonna go to New Zealand? God, help me please!

As I was walking home, I passed by the ice cream shop. Guess who I saw? It's Jennie freaking Kim. I swear if god is real, god heard my prayer. I went inside the shop as soon as I saw her.

"JENNIE!"

"Oh hey, Lisa."

"Oh my god, Jennie. Thank god, you're here! I thought you were already back in New Zealand."

"Yeah, well, my flight got cancelled. I guess I'll be staying here a few more days."

"Listen, I need to talk to you. This is very important."

"Wait a sec." She turned to her co-worker and said, "Hey Song, I'm taking my break now. I'll be back later."

"Yeah sure. I'll take it from here," said Song.

We went into the back alley just outside the shop. I was the first to speak. "Jennie, this is gonna sound crazy, but I'm just gonna go ahead and say it. The night of my birthday... I was with you by the swimming pool, right? I remember that you pushed me. And then... and then, when I woke up, everything was different. Rose's gone. It's like I'm in a whole different world now. Tell me, am I going crazy or did that actually freaking happened!?"

There was a long pause before she finally spoke. "I did push you, Lisa. And yes, you are in a different world."

"How!? And why!? I really don't understand what's happening right now. Everyone thinks I'm crazy and at some point, so did I."

"You see, there are multiple universes that co-exist with each other but are not visible to each other in the third dimensional world. Right now, you are in a universe which is different from where you came from originally. You are in a parallel universe."

"What the fuck!? How did that happen!? How do I get back?"

"I hate to be the one to tell you this, but you are already dead in that universe. You drowned in the pool, remember?"

"I don't remember dying. I don't really remember that much. I just woke up and I'm here. In this world. Goddamnit, Jennie! You're the reason why I'm here! There has to be some way for me to get back. Please, I'm begging you."

"Well, there is a way. But I'm not sure if you are ready for this."

"Try me!"

"You have to kill yourself." Before I could speak, she continued, "That is the only way you can go through the portal that connects this world to the world where you came from. Once you get into that portal, you can travel to another universe and go to whichever point in time you would like to go to. You can even meet cavemen and dinosaurs if you'd like."

"Everything still sounds batshit crazy to me! How the hell do I know you're not lying?"

"Well... When you came here, the veil between two worlds has been lifted and you'll find some things that will connect you to the other world." She leaned in a little closer. "I suggest you go to the place that brings you the best memories. A place that means something to you."

Best memories? All I can think of are the times I've spent with Rosie.

Then Jennie looked at her phone and said, "Oops. Looks like break time's over. Gotta get back to work now."

"Jennie, wait. Do I really have to kill myself? Is that –is that really the only way?"

"Yes Lisa, I'm afraid it's the only way. I cannot guarantee you anything though. The universe... the multiverse rather, works in mysterious ways. So good luck, I guess."

Then she left me there, still stunned at everything I have just heard.