Chapter 23

Rose's POV

I kept scribbling down on my journal. Don't do it! Don't do it! Please, Lisa!!! I waited for her to write back, but there was nothing. 

I have to find Jennie, but how the hell am I gonna do that!? Even the police couldn't find her. It's like she disappeared into thin air. Maybe I should go to Jisoo. She might know how to help me.

I grabbed my journal and got out of my room immediately. It will take me about 20 minutes to get to Jisoo's house. I pedaled as fast as I could. When I got to her doorstep, I was out of breath.

I rang the doorbell a little too many times. A few moments later, somebody opened the door.

"Jisoo!"

"Oh hey, Rosie. What's going on? Are you okay?"

"Jisoo, I need to talk to you. It's very important."

"Uhm, okay," she replied, looking confused. "Come on in."

We went into her room and closed the door. "This is completely crazy, but I need you to see this."

I hand her my journal and showed her my conversation with Lisa. She started reading my journal and suddenly looked at me with worry on her face.

"Jisoo, I'm not making this up. I know how this looks, but you have to trust me. Look, it's Lisa's handwriting. She is in another world right now. I need to help her, but I don't know how!"

She pursed her lips then started to speak. "Chaeng, I know it's been really hard for you. Everything is crazy right now. But this is not helping. I think you should take your mom's advice and see a therapist."

"Oh my god. Jisoo, I'm not crazy! You have to believe me."

"First of all, I never said you are crazy. I just think that you have... a very unhealthy coping mechanism."

"You know what? Never mind. I'm leaving. Forget I ever said anything."

"Chaeng, wait! Don't leave! I can ask my mom to drive you home."

I just ignored her and continued walking out of their house. She followed me outside, still trying to stop me from leaving. Suddenly, out of nowhere, a familiar face appeared before us.

"Is that-is that Jennie Kim?" Jisoo said in horror. "Chaeng, don't go anywhere. I am going to call the police immediately."

As soon as I saw her, I ran towards her. "JENNIE!"

She turned towards me with a blank expression on her face.

"Where is Lisa!? What did you do to her!?"

"Well, she's dead. Isn't she?"

"Yes, because you killed her! I know everything, Jennie. Lisa told me everything through this journal. I know you killed her! I don't know what the hell you are, but I don't care. Bring Lisa back! Bring her back to me!"

She just stood there like she didn't hear anything.

"Say something, you murderer! Where is Lisa!? I need to see her again!!!"

Suddenly, I could hear the police siren. Jennie started to run, but I chased after her. When I caught up, I grabbed her arm but she broke free. I was too focused on catching her that I didn't notice a car was fast approaching.

The next thing I knew, I was on the ground unable to move. The last thing I heard was police siren getting louder and louder.

Then nothing.