Chapter 18

Lisa's POV

I can't eat. I can't sleep. How can I? After reading Rosie's letter, my heart has been torn into a million pieces. I don't know if I can ever be okay again.

It's been days and mom is really worried about me.

I was sitting by the pool when she sat next to me. "I've brought you some food in case you're hungry."

I just ignored her.

"Sweetie, at least talk to me. Please."

"Mom. It's hurts so much." I couldn't hold back the tears anymore.

"Sweetie, I'm right here." My mom said as she held me in her arms. "I'm sure wherever Rosie is, she is happy that she met you. You should be happy, too. Be grateful that she became a part of your life even for just a short amount of time."

"I still can't believe she's gone," I said while crying in my mom's arms.

"Sweetie, nobody lives forever. The fact that we only have limited time here on Earth is what gives meaning to our lives. You may not understand that right now, but what matters is that you appreciate the people who loves you. Let them know you love them while you still can. You did that with Rose, right?"

"Well, I..."

"I'm sure you did. You were always beside her when she was sick. I'm sure you made her very happy when she was still alive."

"Thank you, mom." I said. "Is it okay if I sit here alone for a while?"

"Sure, sweetie." Then she handed me a small blanket. "You might get cold. Just tell me if you need anything, okay?"

"Sure." As she stood up, I held her hand. "Um, mom."

"Yes, sweetie?"

"I love you."

"I love you, too," she said. She kissed my forehead then went back inside.

I always hang by the pool when I need to calm down. The water relaxes me. I dipped my feet into the pool and just stared at the splashes of water I made.

Then a memory suddenly came to me. At the night of my birthday, I was here talking to Jennie. We were talking about Rose. She said a lot of things that didn't really make sense to me. Then she pushed me into the pool.

There's one more thing I remember from that night. Rosie wasn't dead.

Oh my god, I need to find Jennie.