{•Chapter Two•}

A/n: Small FYI: All of Hunnigan's transmissions will be in bold and italics along with documents like in the previous story. I've changed up a few small things here and there, but I hope you enjoy! Love you all!!!
~✨Celestial✨~
••••••••••••••••••••

The road the patrol car traveled down was nothing but dirt and rocks. Each little bump caused the vehicle to shake as they headed further into a dense forest. Leon rested his chin on his hand, staring out the window and seeming to be deep in thought. Gwen, on the other hand, was playing a game of Tetris on her phone.

It had been a few hours since they left the airport and driven into the forest. Neither Leon nor Gwen could believe how far they were from civilization and wondered how large a village could be out this far from any towns or cities. The ride was practically silent until the cop behind the wheel spoke up with a chuckle. "Why am I the one who always gets the short end of the stick?"

Gwen raised her head as she flipped her phone close to preserve the battery. The second cop in the passenger's seat glanced into the back seat at Leon. "Yo, who are you really? Come on and tell us. You are a long way from home, cowboy. You have my sympathies."

The newly appointed agent smirked and elbowed Leon's side playfully. "Cowboy, eh? I like it."

He rolled in his eyes in response before glancing at the cop in the passenger's seat. "Guess that's a locals way of breaking the ice. Anyway, you know what this is all about. Our assignment is to search for the
president's missing daughter."

"What," the driver chuckled. "All by yourself with a woman?"

Gwen glared at the driver, but a smirk crept up onto her face. "Oh, shoot. Did I remember to grab my knife?" The two Spaniards glanced into the backseat as the woman yanked the sharp blade from her boot and pierced the central armrest between the two men, causing them to flinch. "There it is."

Leon smirked in delight at Gwen's passive aggressive behavior. "I'm sure you boys didn't just tag along so we could sing Kumbiyah together at some Boy Scout bonfire. Then again, maybe you did."

The second cop scoffs, but his grin fell when his hand brushed against the knife embedded in the armrest. "You Americans are crazy. It's a direct order from the chief himself. I tell you it's no picnic."

"And that's why you're here, Sherlock," Gwen smirked, yanking the blade from the armrest and sliding it back into her boot.

"We're counting on you guys," Leon added.

The car suddenly lurches to a stop. Confused, Gwen questioned the driver. "Why're we stopping? All I see is trees and dead foliage."

"Taking care of business, señorita," the cop in the passenger's seat claimed before hopping out. Gwen felt the chilly breeze as he closed the door behind him. She watched as he rushed over behind a tree to relieve himself until she felt something tug on her shoulder length hair.

She turned her head and saw Leon messing with her midnight locks while smirking like the Cheshire Cat. "You really that curious to see his-"

"Don't you dare finish that sentence, Kennedy," Gwen's brows furrowed, crossing her arms over her chest.

Leon chuckled, retracting his hand. "Yes, ma'am."

The cop scurried from around the tree he disappeared behind, tugging at his belt and readjusting it as he climbed back into the car. "Sorry it took so long."