{•Chapter Twenty•}

An encounter with the merchant after traveling down a lift brought a gentle and warm smile to Gwen's face. Her mind was missing hours of events, but she didn't allow herself to get hung up on the hole in her memory.

Once her pistol was reloaded, the agents left the safety of the room and wandered down a tunnel to the docks. When they arrived, a single boat laid in wait. A woman in a red dress sat behind the wheel. She turned and smirked at the couple. "Need a ride, lovebirds?"

Leon holsters his gun when he saw Ada sitting on the boat. "Hmph. Okay..." He was still suspicious of the woman, but decided to take up her offer. Being the gentleman he was, the blonde offered Gwen a hand and helped her into the vessel. The archivist was thankful for his assistance because she was quite clumsy in heels, especially since the pair she was wearing now were hurting her feet.

Ada remained reclined back in the seat, her chocolate eyes falling upon the well-dressed Gwen. "Nice dress, but I know with what you'll be facing it'll only get in the way. I've some clothes under the seat in the back. They should fit."

Gwen's eyes glistened with relief and excitement, knowing she would no longer need to hike around in a dress and high heels. "You've no idea how much those words mean to me right now." She searched where Ada told her and found the outfit.

Leon sat down in the seat beside Ada, crossing his arms as the only thing he heard was the sound of clothes rustling and shuffling

Leon sat down in the seat beside Ada, crossing his arms as the only thing he heard was the sound of clothes rustling and shuffling. His back was turned, allowing Gwen to change. There was a small voice in his head demanding he take a peek, but he fought the urge and covered his face with his hand and sighed.

Ada smirked at seeing Leon's expression. "You truly are a gentleman."

"What's that supposed to mean?" He groaned, dropping his hand on his thigh.

"Most men in your position would've already tried to sneak a peek." Ada glanced back at Gwen, seeing she was stepping into the white pants and yanking them up her legs and over her hips. "Need any help back there?"

Gwen shook her head. "No. The clothes are a little loose, but I'm not complaining."

The little voice kept nagging Leon, but he refused to steal a glance of his girlfriend while she was changing. Leon rubbed the back of his neck, leaning forward in his seat.

"Done," Gwen announced.

Leon was the first one to see her in the new outfit and smirked. "Like I said, you make everything look good."

Gwen tugged at the collar of the shirt with a smirk before approaching Leon and pecking him on the cheek. "As much as I love your flirtatious nature, we better depart. Who knows what they're doing to Ashley."

"Then you better hang on," Ada states, starting the boat's engine. She pulled the throttle back and the watercraft took off. Gwen latched on to the back of Leon's seat as they rode across the ocean to reach the island. On the isle was a large structure. It resembled a fortress, but it seemed to be incomplete.