{•Chapter Eighteen•}

Leon trudged through the sewage. The murky water soaked his boots and his pants, making him grimace in disgust. He held his pistol close as he walked up a few steps and exited the cloudy liquid. He pushed the metal door open, the hinges squeaking obnoxiously.

The sound of his boots clanking against the metal grating echoed throughout the long corridor as Leon cautiously proceeded forward. He traveled down the first hallway he came across. He bursted through the door and saw an elevator in the rear of the room. Running over to the lift, he pressed the green arrow to summon it. When the elevator didn't arrive, the agent huffed in vexation. "Great..."

The blonde searched the corridor for any way to reroute the power back to the elevator. During his search, something ruptured the metal door down the hall. Leon turned around, wondering what caused the ruckus. The moment he faced the direction the noise came from, a tail with a sharp blade at the end swung at him from the ceiling. He dodged it, feeling the blade skim only inches from his face.

Leon glanced up at the ceiling, searching for the culprit behind the attack. "What the hell?" There was nothing on the ceiling, which confused the man. He decided standing in one place would leave him open to more attacks from the mysterious assailant and rushed down the hall.

In the back room, Leon discovered the power panel and flipped the small lever. However, it resulted in a metal shutter to trap him in the room. After hitting the switch next to the shutter to deactivate the security system, he had to wait for a short while until the system was shut down.

The moment Leon turned around, the creature that attacked him earlier made its appearance. A black, skeletal body with a pale face and crimson eyes stood a few feet from the agent.

The creature's mandibles twitched as its eyes gleamed menacingly

The creature's mandibles twitched as its eyes gleamed menacingly. Leon took a few steps back before dodging its long, clawed fingers to maneuver around its body to prevent from being cornered. The blonde knocked over a canister of liquid nitrogen as the monster leapt towards him. The top of the red container ruptured and the liquified element spilt from it. The pressure trapped inside sent the canister spinning across the floor as it escaped alongside the liquid nitrogen. When the LN2 collided with the verdugo's body, its entire form froze.

The metal shutter opens and Leon darts out of the room before the creature could break the ice encasing its body. He dashed down the hallway and back to the room with the elevator. From the door, he saw the lift still had yet to arrive.

The sound of the verdugo approaching sent Leon into a frenzy as he grabbed his shotgun and faced the door. He listened as the creature banged on the door in an attempt to break through.

The metal door flew off its hinges and slammed against the concrete floor with a loud bang. The verdugo leapt across the room, over the table, and towards Leon as the elevator arrived. The blonde stormed into the lift and slammed his fist against the red arrow, resulting in the wired door to seal.