Chapter 12

Important Event

"Burning up."

"FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

Jaemin was currently standing in the shower, singing a song of his past, which will eventually emerge in the future. He usually sang in the shower, it had been a habit for as long as he could remember. He usually showered more than an hour, so he had to do something to kill his boredom. His parents didn't like it, but that didn't matter now.

Because he lived alone.

That home that his grandfather showed him two weeks ago, was now his own. And he lived there without anyone else.

He was fourteen years old, and he lived alone.

It's very illegal, not that he cared. He liked living alone, he was almost as old as his parents mentally. So being treated as a child by them was very tiring. He liked it at first, but he quickly got sick of it.

His parents naturally dissagreed at first.

His grandfather told his parents that he will eventually need to go to Seoul if he gets accepted as a trainee. So he came up with the idea that he would live in one of the apartments there, with a care taker. Since they themselves couldn't take good enough care of him.

His parents wanted to go with him of course, but his grandfather told him it was better to let him go earlier, since they will have to when he passes the audition.

It all worked out in the end, and his parents agreed, which he didn't expect.

That care taker that was supposed to cook for him, do the dishes for him, wash his clothes for him etc.

She never came.

It was his grandfather's idea.

Why would he let a fourteen year old kid live by himself? Because he knew that something wasn't right. He was too intelligent and mature for his age. Moreover, he had caught him speaking to himself.

He always thinks out loud, which is something very stupid.

He talked about the future.

His grandfather was completely frozen. So he had to come up with an excuse.

Luckily, he was an expert in lying.

It took a full week to convince him, but he did, and he was proud of it. He himself didn't even know what he said to him, because basically everything he said was complete nonsense. He couldn't tell him he had been reborn with a system could he?

He had to call his parents everyday though, because they were worried. And there was another problem as well.

He couldn't cook.

He knew how to wash his clothes, do the dishes etc. But his cooking was terrible.

If he made kimchi stew, it would be kimchi soup, since it would be too bland. If he made a pancake, it would be a flat inkstone. Every dish he tried to make, resulted in a disaster.

He had tried to cook something easy today, an egg roll.

Result?

Burned egg roll.

He was just innately bad at cooking, but he could fix that.

"Skill Create: Cooking!"

========================

[ Kim Min-jae ]

[ Male ]

- Attributes -

Body Fitness: 20 (10)