Chapter 21

Korea's First Love

Why would they be here?!

Wasn't his appointment at 3 p.m? It's only 1:30 right now!

And for the love of god, why did JYP have to bring Suzy with him! And at this particular time as well! He was still training, wasn't it the least thing he could do, was to wait for him to finish first? Jaemin was, right now, gasping for air and had to wipe some of his sweat off of his forehead.

Meanwhile, Suzy and JYP peacefully stood there, watching attentively.

He hadn't really met Suzy yet, since he only saw her once when she came to his old trainee circle, and she didn't even notice him then.

Although he didn't have a crush on her, he would be lying if he said he wasn't interested in her. He wondered what kind off person Suzy was, since celebrities don't really show their real personalities on broadcast.

He had wanted to make a good first impression on her, but that had already been made impossible by that stupid pervy old man.

He decided he'd retreat stragetically, pretending not to have seen them.

He was just about to leave, and then...

"Min-jae, could you come here for a second?" - JYP

And then that happened.

Insults began forming on the tip of his tongue, waiting to be spewed out of his mouth. What had he done to deserve this, making a good first impression on Suzy was like an obligation for him, and JYP ruined it.

He didn't really think he would even be able to, even if JYP hadn't come and ruin it, but oh well.

Let's just act indifferent and cold, he thought, which is like he normally did towards strangers.

He shouldn't act like an entirely different person just because she was a pretty girl, a future celebrity, or anyone else for that matter. He wasn't that type of person, and he was glad he was not, cause he really couldn't stand people who did that.

If she wasn't impressed by the real him, then that was too bad for her, why should he care?

She wasn't the only pretty female celebrity in Korea, there were a lot of others.

But still, he had at least wanted to have a better atire than what he was wearing now. He was wearing black sweatpants and a loose navy tanktop.

He still looked good anyway, since he had a slim, defined muscular body

He clenched his teeth to keep his verbal torture that he had prepared for JYP inside, and walked towards them.

"Is there anything you need me for, seonsaengnim?" he asked

"Mmm, you probably don't know who this is right?" He placed his hand on top of Suzy's right shoulder with a slight grin plastered upon his face.

She hadn't yet debuted, since it was only March, Miss A debuted in April. She wasn't a celebrity yet, the only thing she was now, was a beautiful trainee.

He whispered something in her ear, and an introduction followed.

"Nice to meet you, i'm Bae Su-ji" She bowed a bit and smiled.

He had to say, she was very pretty. She looked cute like this.

"Ah, I'm Kim Min-jae, nice to meet you" He also bowed and returned her a sweet smile.

...

...

Suzy (Su-ji) POV:

"So you're interested in acting in the upcoming drama?" - JYP

Of course I was, I had said it multiple times before that I wanted to begin an acting career, and JYP could give me this opportunity. I couldn't afford to miss it.

Which is why I inmediately responded with a: "Yes"

"Good, there is another trainee in the company who is also interested in acting, if you two act well, then I'll allow you to star in it."

Oh? Someone else as well?

"He's actually practicing his dancing right now, want to go look?"

He? So it was a boy, and still a trainee at that.....

Wouldn't it be weird if I just showed up like that? What am I going to have to say to him? I wonder what kind of person he is?

My mind went on a roll, I kept imagining what could go wrong...

"And?" JYP had a mocking smile on his face.

I didn't really have time to consider, so I just hurriedly agreed.

"Ok, ok, I'll come."

I just had to do it, the sooner we met, the better.

Ah, what should I do now?

"Don't be nervous hahah." - JYP

I had subconsciously started humming and let my hair twirl around my fingers. I was very nervous, and JYP noticed this as well.

I quietly followed JYP for a while, until we eventually stopped in front of one of the dance studios for the trainees.

I could hear the music, and it only made me more nervous.

I basically hid behind JYP when we entered, too shy to look at my surroundings.

It took me a lot of courage to take a quick peek.

I saw two people dancing, and an instructor watching over them. Which one of those trainees was I supposed to act with?

I looked at both of their backs, but I couldn't see their faces clearly.

I asked JYP who he was out of the two, but he just kept quiet. He really enjoyed teasing me, since he hadn't seen this side of me before.

And then, both of them did a flip.

I accidentally let out a "Woooowwww!" out of admiration. I quickly put my hands in front of my mouth, they didn't hear me did they?

Phew, they didn't

One of the trainees was actually already about to leave, and I hadn't even seen his face yet.

"Min-jae, could you come here for a second?" - JYP

The trainee that was already standing in front of the exit slowly turned around. My gaze kept switching between his arms and his back, they were both so muscular. He also had a broad back, which made me feel like I could depend on him.

And when he walked towards us, I was stunned.

He was so good-looking! And he was pretty tall as well.

His short, void black hair was a bit ruffy from the dancing earlier, and his white forehead was a little shiny due to his sweat.

My god, he was so handsome, and he looked so cool earlier as well. Wasn't he perfect?

The more close he got, the redder my face became.

"Is there anything you need from me, seonsaengnim?" he said

Why does his voice sound so good! It had a manly feel, but still sounded fair nonetheless.

"Mmm, you probably don't know who this is right?" JYP put his hand on my shoulder and slightly pushed me away from him.

"Introduce yourself." he whispered to me

I just did as he said.

"Nice to meet you, i'm Bae Su-ji" I bowed to show politeness, since I didn't know how old he was.

"Ah, I'm Kim Min-jae, nice to meet you" He also bowed and even returned her a sweet smile.

He acted a bit indifferent towards me, but I didn't mind. We were strangers after all, but didn't he know he was supposed to act with me? Shouldn't he act a little more intimate?

Or was it because I wa-wa-wanted t-t-o?

Ah come on Suji, you don't even know him yet!