Chapter 23

Waiting Isn't Always Boring!

"When will this idiot call me, aisshhh" Jaemin threw his phone on his bed, and kept walking around his apartment with such a visible frown on his face, that it seemed like he had just gotten dumped.

Jaemin had been waiting for JYP's answer for a day already, when was that sack of old bones planning to inform him? He just wanted to start acting! He also wanted to meet IU!

"I'm hungry, instant ramen it is." Jaemin picked one of the more spicy cup ramens inside of his secret food storage, and put it inside the oven.

While he was patiently waiting, with his face firmly pressed against the oven, his phone rang.

He went full on Usain Bolt and ran like his life depended on it, it was only just a tad slower than lightspeed.

Those supreme cultivators who could run at speeds that could break the sound barrier could only sigh at his amazing speed, and would be left in the dust.

He didn't even look at who it was, but he just said with clear excitement and a raised tone, "Hello, who is this!?"

"It's..."

"Shut up Sehun."

"How did you know, I hid my number!"

"Your voice is... unique."

"Unique my ass, I got some news for you."

"Hmm, what is it?"

"Open your door, and I will tell you."

"Did you come to my building?"

"No, the fucking demon lord and his little minions came, of course I did you idiot."

"Ok, wait a second."

Jaemin hung up, and walked to his front door.

He peeked through the little hole to confirm if Sehun was really alone, which he was. Since he didn't want anyone else to come into his apartment without his consent.

He opened the door, and Sehun looked at him even more excited than he was at the time when he passed the trainee auditions.

Something big must be going on.

"Minjae, before you say no, just consider."

Oh? What would he need to consider though?

"Consider what?"

"You see, there is this party..."

He knew it, Sehun was way too obvious.

Ah, the innocence of youth.

"No thank you."

"COME ON MINJAE LISTEN, YOU WILL LOVE THIS."

Jaemin didn't like parties at all, especially because of his appearance.

He had always thought that being super handsome was the best thing in the world, while that wasn't totally wrong, it had some clear negative aspects about it. Like being bothered by every single girl, continuously.

They just didn't leave him alone. He had to literally use special methods of verbal torture to eventually get them to disappear, which led him to developing that cold and indifferent personality of his towards others.

Moreover, he just wasn't comfortable partying without having the leverage of consuming alcohol. With alcohol, he could party like a beast. Without, he was just as indifferent as always.