𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

"GOOD MORNING, SALVATORES!" Aurelia's powerful voice thundered through the halls of the Salvatore Boarding House. "Where on earth are the two of you brats at?! I was called and came here at command; you better have a good reason for it!"

"You're so damn loud, and for what?" Damon hissed at her, emerging from the entrance to the living room. "Plus, you're about six hours too late." Aurelia glanced at her phone's clock, before shrugging.

"Would you rather I never came?" She posed, tilting her head. "Fine, I have better things to do." She hummed once and spun around to leave, only to stop at the sight of Stefan blocking her path. "Ah, so you two really did want me here, didn't you?" She poked Stefan's chest with one finger and then entirely pushed him away from her. "I like my personal space, sweetheart. Please respect that."

"We informed you and had you help us with the murders at the Grill; it's only fitting that we repay the favor." He spoke, making her cock up an eyebrow. "Despite the fact that you had tried to kill us just days ago."

"I'm sorry," Aurelia's tone was now disbelieving. "Did the words, "If I wanted to kill you, I would've done it." Not register in your mind? I can take the two of you and rip your spines out right now, but I'm not. Why? Because I don't have to kill you yet." She was quick with her words, but strict as well; she needed them to understand that she had use for them. "Now, what did you have to tell me?"

"So," She walked away from Stefan in order to pay attention to Damon. "We've confirmed it was Samantha Gilbert who killed everyone in 1912. There's no need to ask what, how, and why; we've got the evidence for that, and what I'm saying to you is pure fact."

"Is that all?" She drawled.

"No," Damon stared at her with an unimpressed look. "The thing that confused us was the fact that I, in fact, had the pleasure of killing her. Despite that, the murders continued." Aurelia opened her mouth to speak, but he continued. "It was her; every single murder was her. After her supposed death, she was still up and roaming around Mystic Falls, killing people. The Founder's Council, of course, wasn't aware."

"Humans are oblivious." Aurelia remarked dryly, rolling her eyes to display boredom and impatience. "Get to the damn point, Damon. I have somewhere else to be and someone—" She cut herself off, instead opting to fold her arms and impatiently tap her foot as she waited for him to continue.

"Okay," Damon slightly narrowed his eyes. "Now, coming to how we found out. There was a documentary of her confession almost ten years later. She was assumed as crazy and was then locked up in an asylum." Aurelia nodded once slowly. "That was where the facts ended; now we're figuring out how it would link to today's situation."

"You don't think she turned?" She asked a valid question, much to Damon's satisfaction.

"She didn't," Aurelia looked at Stefan as he spoke. "We would've know if she was still running around alive." His eyebrow suddenly arched. "Wait, her Gilbert Ring... it protects her from death, doesn't it?" Aurelia groaned and rolled her eyes.

"I didn't think you'd call me over to brainstorm. I thought you already had the answer." She huffed out, her curiosity morphing into annoyance. "The Gilbert Ring doesn't protect you from death by old age." She then blinked a few times. "Wait, the ring... it was passed down, right? Who would have it now?"

"Jeremy," She could recognize the name as one that belonged to Elena's younger brother. "And Alaric. But how would it relate?"

"It's a ring for humans." She began. "If they've died a certain number of times, the magic's bound to mess with them. There's always a catch with such objects." Damon's face contorted for a moment. "How many times have they died?"