NINETEEN [UNEDITED]

"Tell me you're not serious." Caroline said after Aurelia was done explaining everything to the blonde in Mystic Falls. She looked around at the beach, still unable to process whatever had happened.

"Trust me, I wish I weren't." She said. "After we came back to the campsite after looking for Jeremy, Bonnie and Shane had just... disappeared. We know that he took the tombstone, and I've tried locator spells, but they're cloaked."

"Cloaked?"

"I don't know whether it's Bonnie or not, but a witch has placed a spell which prevents them from being tracked."

"And where's Damon in all of this?" Caroline asked.

"Well apparently, Elena and him had some sort of argument, and then he went for a walk on the beach or something." Aurelia said, worried for the raven-haired vampire. "But when we actually came here, he wasn't there, and there were signs of a struggle."

"Meaning what?"

"Meaning someone took him! It's probably Shane!" Elena exclaimed, able to hear every part of the conversation. Aurelia rolled her eyes, tired of having to explain why Shane couldn't have taken Damon.

"Elena, for the millionth time, Shane couldn't have taken Damon. The guy's frail and human, even with the element of surprise, Damon's pretty alert, okay?" She explained.

"He could have had people helping him." Elena pointed out, as Aurelia looked at her again, surprised she actually said something else.

"One second." She turned her attention back to her call with Caroline. "Okay, I think I'm gonna have to go now."

"I'm so sorry. I wish I was there to help." Aurelia knit her eyebrows together in thought.

"Actually, there is something you could do." She said.

"Anything. Tell me."

"We know for sure that Shane's looking for the cure." She started, slowly walking back and forth on the damp sand. "We know that the Hunter's Mark is a map to the cure. We also know that the Hunter's Sword can decipher the map." She said.

"Klaus has the sword." Caroline said, understanding what Aurelia meant.

"Yes, and we have the pictures of the map. Which means-"

"We can translate the map."

"Klaus will never give up the sword." Aurelia heard Rebekah say.

"Yeah, but Caroline can convince him." Stefan said, as Rebekah rolled her eyes.

"Klaus won't do it, not even for Caroline." She insisted. "He's terrified that we'll use it against him. Besides, he wouldn't want us to have a moment of happiness from being human."

"Well, Klaus doesn't have to give it up. He's stuck in Elena's living room, and there's only so many places where a three-foot sword can be hidden."

"I'll find it, don't worry. Just e-mail me pictures of Jeremy's tattoo." Caroline assured. "I'll call you when I get it, okay?"

"Thanks, Care. I don't know what I'd do without your help." Aurelia said in slight relief.

"You'd never find the cure, I guess?" The hybrid chuckled.

"Bye." She kept the phone, and looked at the three other vampires.

!

Aurelia walked to several spots on the beach, slowly waving her arms around to cast a protection spell, in case a hatchet came flying from somewhere.