FIFTY-TWO [UNEDITED]

"A singular bed?" Aurelia asked, dropping her jacket on a chair as she looked at the room. Silas walked in, shutting the door behind him. "Really, Stefan, you're that desperate?" She teased with a grin.

He raised an eyebrow. "I mean, I can always just go down to the desk at front and—"

"No, no, I never said I was opposed to the idea." She said. "I did just tell you that I'm in love with you, didn't I?"

"And now that our problems are finally over, I have you to myself." He said, walking towards her. "All to myself." She smiled, resting her arms around his neck as he kept his on her hips.

"You know, my arms hurt." She said. "I'm not wearing heels and you're half a foot taller than me."

"So I see." He said, leaning down to peck her lips, before getting close to her ear. "You know, this problem could be easily solved if we were lying down..."

"What're you doing here?" Aurelia asked. "I thought you'd be off relaxing in Hawaii."

"I did go there, but as it turns out, it's really sad when you're dead." He said. She raised an eyebrow, before he walked over to her, pulling her towards him as their lips met.

He gently pushed her to lean on a tree as he pulled away. "Wow, still not over me, are you?" She asked. He clicked his tongue. "Brave of you to assume that I'm in love with you."

"Oh, I know you're not in love with me." He said. "I just missed you."

"The great plague Silas," She began, dramatically placing her hand on her chest. "Has a soft spot me? How? What have I done to deserve this?"

"Funny." He said, a soft smile on his lips. "So, what happened?"

"Well, your bloody friends took away my magic, and lied to me when they said they'd give it back." She answered. "Killed me instead." He frowned. "A lot's happened since you died."

"Clearly." He said. "So, did you miss me?"

"Honestly, yes, at first." She said. "I was literally the only person mourning over you!" She exclaimed. "After some time, I was getting better, but killing Stefan's other doppelganger made me feel worse."

"You have a history with the other two." He said. "I wouldn't really blame you."

"If by history, you mean a love that was broken by death, and a relationship by deception, then sure." She said.

"Glad to see that we're joking around about that now." He said. "Are you sure the broken part's true?" She raised an eyebrow. "I mean, that birthday kiss—" She picked up a rock, throwing it at him. "Sorry, sorry."

"I hate you." She said. "I'm not in love with Stefan. I can't be."

"The red on your cheeks says otherwise." He pointed out.

"Why are we talking about this?" She asked, pointing between the two of them. "You pretended to be him!" He nodded.

"And for that, I'm sorry." He said. "I'm sorry I ever brought you into that in the first place."

"It would be wrong to forgive you, according to most people, so I won't say it." She said. "I'm just going to walk around, like I will for the next eternity."

"Or," He started. "I can join you." She frowned. "Just until you find anyone you know. After that, I'll leave you alone." He said. "We'll barely ever see each other."

"Who says we can't see each other?" She asked, smiling. "Now, come on. I finally have someone to spend this miserable time with."

!