THIRTY [UNEDITED]

Aurelia rubbed her shoulder, checking for any signs of pain. She smiled, knowing there wouldn't be any, for Klaus had given her more than enough blood to heal herself right up.

"Thank you, Klaus." She said, keeping the empty glass back down on a table as she checked her wound, which had started to heal.

"You see, dear Aurelia, it's only been a few weeks, and here you are, already in trouble." He said. She raised an eyebrow.

"I thought you said you respected my decision to leave you guys." She said. He grinned.

"I was just checking to see whether or not you stand by your choice." He said. "I see that you weren't the one calling for help, despite being the one in peril."

"Well, I was going to call you, but Caroline had already done it five times." She said, as he chuckled.

"It's fairly nice to see you like this, cheerful." He said, placing his hands in his pockets.

"Well, I thought to try and go along with a good mood," She started. "Considering I don't have much time left here." He frowned at her words.

"Aurelia, don't say that. I will find—"

"No, you can't." She cut in. "I looked it up, everywhere. It's terminal." Klaus sighed. "But I'm determined to live these last few days having as much fun as my body can take."

"You should." He said, as a silence fell over the two. "What does Stefan think about this?" He asked.

"He's not happy that his best friend's dying." She answered, as he began to smile. "What's that for?"

"Best friend." He repeated. "Doesn't sound right, does it now?" She rolled her eyes as he laughed.

"Do not start." She warned.

"I'm only saying that I know you feel something for him." He said. "He's a lovely man, anyway. When's he's with you and has his emotions on, at least. He's a gentleman." She smiled. "But with no humanity, he's much better." She glared at him, and he held his hands up in surrender. "Alright. My point is that... I see you and him together, and I think... beautiful."

"So you're playing matchmaker now?"

"Aurelia, as I have said, I know you feel something fro him." He said. "And I'm quite sure he feels something, too." Aurelia looked at him, confused. "When he found out about your history with me, he would ask so many questions, directly, indirectly."

"Wow." She said, softly.

"You deserve him, 'Lia." He said. "Why don't you go ahead and claim him?"

"He's in love with Elena." She answered.

"You two were in love before, it was powerful, wasn't it?" She took a deep breath.

"Caroline, huh?" She asked, as he laughed again. "She's cute and stubborn. Your type, I'm sure."

"Aurelia—"

"Go talk to her, maybe steal a kiss..."

"Aurelia Parker!" The two shared chuckles, and Klaus neared her. "Take care, love." He pressed a kiss to her forehead.

"Goodbye, brother."

"Aurelia, come on, Elena's gonna talk to Damon." Lexi said, snapping her out of her thoughts. "I wanna see what she does." Aurelia grinned, letting her pull her to the living room.