TWENTY-THREE [UNEDITED]

"Stefan, have you had anything to drink?" Caroline asked, walking into Stefan's room. Stefan shook his head, his eyes focused on the resting blonde. "I'm actually gonna get Damon to make you go feed on a bunny."

"I'm not moving." Stefan said, for what seemed like the millionth time. "Not until she wakes up." Caroline heaved a sigh, walking to the bed and sitting on the other side of the body.

"Stefan, you realize that she's my sister, right?" She asked, looking at him. "I know that she may not come back, but I'm hoping."

"But Caroline, she's not desiccated." He tried to defend. "The normal color of her skin came back."

"It did." She said, softly. "And I was so glad to think that there's a chance she'll come back, but she's been fluctuating between death and rest for the past two weeks."

"You don't get it." Stefan said. "She's been resting for the past two days. It only stayed for a few hours before."

"Stefan, I do get it." She said. "I love her so much, and I can't bear to see her die, not after all she's been through. If she does die..." She paused. "I don't know how I'm going to handle it."

"Then why can't you see that I will lose my mind if she dies permanently?" He asked. "I got her back after so long. I can't lose her again."

"I know you care deeply for her." She stated, lightly holding onto the motionless hand. "I know how much you loved her, or how much you still do." Stefan looked at Caroline for the first time during the conversation, surprised by her words. "Stefan, you both loved each other so much, and then she just died. It's not easy to recover from that. Granted, a hundred and fifty years have passed, but still."

"You're right." He said, caressing Aurelia's cheek. "I do love her, but it's complicated. I love Elena, too, and after the whole thing with the cure is done, we'll know how she really feels. Even if she chooses Damon, it'll be too soon-"

"Because you and her were so beautiful as a couple." Caroline completed. He nodded, looking down. "I should go home; I have to go meet up with Bonnie to get my dress." She paused. "I really wanted Aurelia to come."

With those words, she stood up and left the room, leaving him and her alone with him. Seconds turned to minutes, and Stefan finally decided to leave, to carry on with his own day. Nearing her face, he pressed a kiss to her forehead before he turned around and stood up, walking out the door.

!

Voices echoed through her mind as she ran as fast as she could from the darkness that took over everything in its path. It was a black cloud of nothingness, and she was afraid it would swallow her like a black hole.

She screamed and shouted as much as she could, but she had no voice. She had no magic. She had no escape. And she knew that the darkness would kill her, sooner if not later. She had been running for ages, and she still could rid herself of the black cloud.

The rumbling and the howling suddenly stopped, and she turned around, looking at the cloud, that was still. She let out a breath of relief, and then she heard a voice.

"Aurelia!" She looked at the cloud, where the voice came from.

"Caroline!" She screamed, finding her own voice.

And then, she appeared from the cloud. Aurelia let a tear of joy fall from her face, as she ran to Caroline.

Caroline wore a black dress, and tears had stained her red cheeks. Her eyes were red from crying. Aurelia ignored it, enveloping her in a bear hug.

And then, a thought crossed her mind. She pulled away, holding her by the shoulders. "Caroline... were you at a funeral?" Caroline nodded.

"Yours." Those words engulfed Aurelia, and then, there was a smirk on Caroline's face.