THIRTY-FIVE [UNEDITED]

Warning: This chapter may have some triggering content. 

Aurelia hummed to the tune of her song as she sat on the ground, her legs spread out as she slouched and drank from her metal container of blood. She looked around at the students who were walking around and chatting.

She was one of the handful of students who sat on the grass by their lonesome, and she had good reason to do that.

Anyone would, with what Caroline and Tyler were doing in her dorm room.

"I hope that's not alcohol you're drinking." Aurelia looked up at Dr. Maxfield. "Good Morning, Ms. Parker."

"Hello, Dr. Maxfield. I'm just drinking some... raspberry juice." She lied with a smile.

"Have you seen Elena?" He asked. "I need to talk to her." Aurelia refrained from asking him what he wanted to talk about. "It's about an event that's taking place tonight."

Okay, didn't even have to try.

"The Historical Ball, you mean?" She asked. He nodded.

"Actually, it would be good if you attended, too." Aurelia raised her eyebrows. "Despite the rocky start we had, I was able to notice that you have some talent with Biology."

"Ah, just some light reading." She lied again.

"Clearly." He acknowledged. "So, you'll come?"

"See you tonight." She said, before he smiled and left. Her own smile dropped as she made a face at his retreating figure. "Creepy much?"

Her phone suddenly rang, and she quickly closed her container, before pulling the device out and looking at it.

Frowning, she cut the call before listening to the voicemail.

"Hey, Aurelia. It's, uh, Stefan. Just wanted to update. I haven't done anything I regret, so that's, uh, good. Also, I don't really know if you're busy or just ignoring me, but, uh, call me back? It's been some time since we talked. Lastly, I hope I'll see you tonight at the ball. Yes, Caroline's making me come."

Aurelia sighed, throwing her arms out as she fell backwards to lie down on the grass.

!

"Oh, Caroline!" Aurelia sang and called out at the same time as she knocked on the door of her dorm room.

"Aurelia, one sec!" Aurelia closed her eyes and walked into the room, resulting in a high-pitched squeal from Caroline and a groan from Tyler.

"Okay, Ty, I heard that." The hybrid said, her eyes still shut. "You cannot always use a room for three people as a room where you two do whatever you want."

"Okay, sorry." He said.

"And if there's anything on my bed, I will be really mad." She warned. "I get that you came back after the whole summer for your girlfriend and for Bonnie's funeral, but that's not an excuse to abuse my bed." She finished. "Are you two fully clothed?"

"Yup." The couple chorused. Aurelia opened her eyes and looked at Tyler with a tight-lipped, fake smile.

"Don't let the door hit you on your way out." She said, the dorm door opening behind her. Tyler nodded, slinging his bag over his shoulder. He looked at Caroline.

"I'll see you in an hour." He said. Caroline smiled as Aurelia rolled her eyes.

"Bye." She said, shutting the door when he left. Caroline frowned at her. "Yeah, no, I don't like him anymore, and there's nothing you can do to change my mind." Caroline tried to speak. "Oh, and now, I'm attending the ball."