FORTY-EIGHT [UNEDITED]

Aurelia rolled her eyes as she flipped over a page of the newspaper, trying her best to ignore Enzo, who seemed to be jobless.

She finally huffed, folding the newspaper and placing on their table. "Do you have nothing better to do than stare and disturb me?" She asked in annoyance. He gave her a charming smile, only for her to glare at him again.

"Can't help it, gorgeous." He said with a shrug. "You're simply too... gorgeous." She scoffed. "Didn't work, did it?"

"Definitely not!" She exclaimed, taking a sip of her coffee. "Can you just stop?"

"No. It's just so entertaining to annoy you." She groaned, when her phone rang.

However, before she could answer it, he had snatched it and answered it, all while she reached across the table to try and take it from him.

"Atlanta assassination squad." He said, making her frown at how loud he was.

"I take it you haven't located the doppelganger yet?" Sloan asked.

"You told us to find a nameless paramedic at the scene of a car accident in a city of freeways, fried green tomatoes and terrible drivers." Enzo answered. "It's not exactly as easy as it sounds." Aurelia raised an eyebrow, finally agreeing with something that he had stated.

"Which is why I'm calling." Sloan stated. "The doppelganger's name is Tom Avery, and I just saw him deliver a patient to Atlanta Metropolitan Hospital."

"What?!" The blonde suddenly snapped. "She saw him?! She used him to find the doppelganger again?!" She snatched the phone from Enzo, before talking to the Traveler in anger. "We had a damn deal, Sloan. If I found Stefan's doppelganger—"

"Tom." She rolled her eyes.

"Tom." She mocked. "I take care of the guy, and in return you stop using Stefan to find him."

"Well, finding him is what's helping you two."

"I don't want help if it comes at the cost of his pain." She said. "Every single time you link the two, you're frying Stefan's brain, which is extremely harmful."

"I don't give a damn about his brain. It's his blood that matters, and until Stefan and Elena are the last two doppelgangers on Earth, their blood is useless to me. So, you better believe I'll give Stefan a back-alley lobotomy if you fail to kill Tom Avery."

"I don't fail at things, especially killing people." She said, maliciously. "So, do it again, and I'll give you and your friends a slow, painful, and excruciating death. And you better believe that I know exactly how to do that." She hung up, before slamming the phone down on the table in anger.

"Slow, painful and excruciating?" Enzo asked, amused. "You're like a moody, blonde angel of death. Quite the opposite of what I thought of you."

Aurelia gave him a venom-laced glare, making him shut up.

!

"Okay, so the receptionist doesn't know Tom personally, but I compelled her to call someone who does." Aurelia said, walking to one of the many seats outside the rooms in the hospital. She took a seat, before pulling out a magazine. She ignored Enzo as he continued to stare at her.

"Okay, I give up. I can't tell if you're avoiding the mission or me." He finally said.

"Then I guess it'll remain a mystery to all." She mumbled, reading through the magazine.

"Well, it's not polite to keep me waiting, because I finally have some company, which I do deserve after hand delivering the antidote to Damon and Elena."